Anyone interested in getting a MLF/TUFF league going again.

Started by rollntider, June 25, 2021, 10:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on August 02, 2021, 06:45:34 PM
Quote from: TheNorm on August 02, 2021, 06:25:26 PM
I did send it to your email. Hmm...

you know what, the file imported when you hit export it uploaded it. I have the majorleaguefootball ftp info put in so that is a cool feature.

I am uploading the file now. Reimport it and next advance is wednesday is that ok with Everyone?  Give it about 20 minutes before it is finished

Does this mean it updates and uploads within the game itself? Or do I dl again from the original link you posted?

Crewe

Quote from: Crewe on August 03, 2021, 11:18:33 AM
Quote from: rollntider on August 02, 2021, 06:45:34 PM
Quote from: TheNorm on August 02, 2021, 06:25:26 PM
I did send it to your email. Hmm...

you know what, the file imported when you hit export it uploaded it. I have the majorleaguefootball ftp info put in so that is a cool feature.

I am uploading the file now. Reimport it and next advance is wednesday is that ok with Everyone?  Give it about 20 minutes before it is finished

Got home and just downloaded from original link and its the updated file. Name changes are correct too so disregard pm

Does this mean it updates and uploads within the game itself? Or do I dl again from the original link you posted?

Crewe

How do you set redshirts?
The Wolverine forums are worthless

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on August 03, 2021, 03:05:32 PM
How do you set redshirts?
The Wolverine forums are worthless

Go to Roster

Roster management

Redshirt

I hope that helps

Crewe

it does, thanks.

it seems like this is similar to NCAA console game, i.e., recruiting (from waht Ive read) and Im wondering if red shirting is the same.
In the old NCAA you would red shirt a guy to give him experience. You think that is the case here too? Or do you think its better to not redshirt a player even though they wont receive any pt?

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on August 04, 2021, 10:07:48 AM
it does, thanks.

it seems like this is similar to NCAA console game, i.e., recruiting (from waht Ive read) and Im wondering if red shirting is the same.
In the old NCAA you would red shirt a guy to give him experience. You think that is the case here too? Or do you think its better to not redshirt a player even though they wont receive any pt?

I am speculating but i think you get an extra year of training camp. But i do not know 100%

rollntider

I imported everyones files and advanced. Worked like a charm. Thanks everyone.

Make any adjustments you want to your team, coaching roster etc.... I think this is the first week. I will sim game Friday @ 8 p.m. CST if no one objects.
I will look into streaming our games on twitch or something. Maybe not this week. But have it play out on twitch and people can watch if they want.
Let me know what you guys think.

rollntider

Who do you guys thinks wins this week.
Jeff state is facing Notre Dame... LMAO
Alberta is playing UAB... I give them a fair chance to win
Navy and Texas State... I like Texas State to win
Illinois vs Hawkins... I think they have a 30 percent chance to win.

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on August 04, 2021, 09:58:52 PM
I imported everyones files and advanced. Worked like a charm. Thanks everyone.

Make any adjustments you want to your team, coaching roster etc.... I think this is the first week. I will sim game Friday @ 8 p.m. CST if no one objects.
I will look into streaming our games on twitch or something. Maybe not this week. But have it play out on twitch and people can watch if they want.
Let me know what you guys think.

sounds good to me.
Do I just email you a new file prior to sim time if I make changes?

rollntider

I think if you guys just export it will upload the file to the website. The league file has the FTP file info and it exports to there

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on August 05, 2021, 01:07:34 PM
I think if you guys just export it will upload the file to the website. The league file has the FTP file info and it exports to there

So when I fire up the game and load or continue season, do I have to have the upload file link addy you posted a few pages baack when we initially downloaded the league?
If I resume "local" and export, that would only export locally, correct?

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on August 05, 2021, 06:32:25 PM
Quote from: rollntider on August 05, 2021, 01:07:34 PM

So when I fire up the game and load or continue season, do I have to have the upload file link addy you posted a few pages baack when we initially downloaded the league?
If I resume "local" and export, that would only export locally, correct?

if there is a new file you would need to load it.. If I havent made any changes you can load locally (or continue) when you export your file, it should know its a online league and send the file.

rollntider

May be a little later simming tonight. I gotta work late, but no objections to games tonight?

rollntider

on another note.

The games are on sale and I have a coupon code
GOFORTWO it takes 2 extra bucks off. You can get the pro game (Or any other game for about 17.99)
I am getting the pro one also if you guys want to play pro in the future

cflnut

Quote from: rollntider on August 04, 2021, 10:44:08 PM
Who do you guys thinks wins this week.
Jeff state is facing Notre Dame... LMAO
Alberta is playing UAB... I give them a fair chance to win
Navy and Texas State... I like Texas State to win
Illinois vs Hawkins... I think they have a 30 percent chance to win.

Here's my predictions.
Jeff State - I picked this one by alphabetical order
Alberta - of course I won't pick against my own team.
Texas State - they won the coin toss.
Illinois - cause Hawkins will go winless this season.  :D
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.