News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2015 College Football Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 23, 2015, 02:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

rollntider

Well what a weird game and special teams for Bama sux. This was one of the 2 games I thought we lose this year.  Ole miss was the other. Glad I was at least wrong on one of them.

Norm sorry for that loss, I feel for you guys, we have to hear about the kick 6 forever now. You guys will never hear the end of it.

TheNorm

So after waking up this morning and realizing last night wasn't just a really horrible dream of getting kicked in the balls repeatedly, I've got a couple takeaways:

1. No one would've predicted Michigan would be back this quickly...it wouldn't surprise me if they win the rest of the way.
2. State is overrated, but Connor Cook is a baller though. Aaron Burbridge too-dude was making catches over double coverage on a few occasions, can't be mad about that. But that'll be State's last win in this series for a little bit.
3. Anyone sending death threats to the punter for that botched play needs to really prioritize their life. I'd love to meet some of these deadbeats in person.

That said, no doubt about it: Top 5 soul crushing loss for me. My personal list (feel free to add your own after this):

1. Game 7 2009
2. Yesterday
3. Michigan/ohio State 2006 (couple that with Bo dying the day before was just devastating)
4. Kordell to Westbrook 1994
5. Pistons: 1987 Game 5 ECF, aka Bird steals the ball
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Crewe

Ha! Woulda taken you up on that had I been here...my bad.
I cant believe the death threats....well, yes I can. Sad commentary on our society.

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on October 29, 2015, 12:41:09 AM
Ha! Woulda taken you up on that had I been here...my bad.

Ok lets do the Bama vs. Charlston southern game. I got Bama

Crewe

rollntider

TheNorm

Damn there have been some crazy finishes this year. Thought I was about to get my heart broken last weekend at the last second for the second week in a row. Got really lucky to win that game...maybe now I can act like a Spartan and act like we dominated the game. Not sure how that works though, might have to ask some Spartan friends later.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

You have Spartan friends? Lol

I love this move! For much of my adult life, I could never fathom why coaches and players are required to be held up for ridicule and punishment but the sanctimonious pricks get to ride off into the sunset without a scratch.
I tell you, Id forego fines and suspensions for refs if you forced them to have press conferences. Dear lord let this become a thing....on any level!

thaima1shu

UW just beat Rich Rod 49-3. Norm I bet you're shocked by that one eh? :)

TheNorm

Quote from: thaima1shu on November 03, 2015, 05:27:37 PM
UW just beat Rich Rod 49-3. Norm I bet you're shocked by that one eh? :)

Wha...??? A RichRod team that had trouble playing defense?? Totally shocked. SHOCKED.  ;D
Was wondering why all the RichRod truthers got quiet...now I know. Congrats on the win!

rollntider

So glad Bama dodged the rich rod bullet

rollntider

The playoffs announced their rankings this week... What you folks think?

I understand they release as if it were to happen now, but it is not happening now. Last year they had Ole Miss, MSU, Bama and FSU.
Ended with Oregon, FSU, Bama and OSU.

But with Bama and LSU still left to play, one will be eliminated. I hate that they put sec teams in the slots knowing full well one will eliminate the other.

Also I am pulling for OU to win the big 12, that will screw over TCU and Baylor and force the Big 12 to either implement a title game and expand their conference (Houston is worthy and maybe BYU would be a good addition)

Notre Dame not playing in a conference still pisses me off. They do not have to face the rigors of a tough conference and get to skate on that extra title game. Also dropping Michigan and Michigan state is weak sauce. They miscalculated and got a good Clemson team and a bad USC team this year. I hope standford beats that ass.