UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

30 Days of Video Games Thread

Started by BojackHorsefella, April 17, 2018, 12:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cflnut

Day 14 - Favorite Video Game Soundtrack

Duke Nukem: Time to Kill

The soundtrack was listed as Music to Score By and featured the following tracks and artitst
1.   "Duke Nukem Theme (Grabbag)"   Megadeth   
2.   "Cinnamon Girl" (Extended Depression Mix)   Type O Negative   
3.   "What U See Is What U Get"   Xzibit
4.   "Blisters"   Coal Chamber   
5.   "Bitch"   Sevendust   
6.   "Song 10"   Zebrahead   
7.   "The Thing I Hate"   Stabbing Westward   
8.   "It's Yourz"   Wu-Tang Clan   
9.   "Screaming from the Sky"   Slayer   
10.   "New World Order"   Megadeth
11.   "Stone Crazy"   The Beatnuts
12.   "Land of the Free Disease"   Corrosion of Conformity

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

Crewe

Quote from: cflnut on April 30, 2018, 04:52:25 PM

The soundtrack was listed as Music to Score By and featured the following tracks and artitst

Wait, did they cover Neil Young's Cinnamon Girl or is it just the same song name?

cflnut

Quote from: Crewe on April 30, 2018, 05:56:05 PM
Quote from: cflnut on April 30, 2018, 04:52:25 PM

Wait, did they cover Neil Young's Cinnamon Girl or is it just the same song name?

Yes. It's not a bad cover but Neil Young's is still better.

BojackHorsefella

Day 15 - Worst Soundtrack

Madden 16. Hands down. Yeah, HeavyDirtySoul and that song by "The Wknd" are good songs, but first off, why "I Can't Feel My Face" is on a sports video game soundtrack, I don't know, and the soundtrack is so small overall (as long as you don't include the NFL Films music, which is all I let it play now) that you end up hearing the same songs 20 million times (add in that there's clearly songs not on the soundtrack that play before kickoff of each game and it's really all just confusing and poorly planned, it seems).

MLB used to have amazing soundtracks. This year's isn't bad, but it's not great either.

Crewe

I never liked most cuts on MLB, although I do like some, but I always end up removing 80% of them from the playlist. Im just not cool anymore

TheNorm

Yikes, looks like I've got some catching up to do.

Day 10 - Worst Game You Ever Played

Other than Mike Ditka Football which Crewe already mentioned? NHL Stanley Cup on the SNES. I really liked my SNES during the time I had it but they just couldn't get hockey right like it was on the Genesis. This one spun around so much I got dizzy playing it...turned it off and returned it right back to the Blockbuster I rented it from.

Day 11 - Favorite Indie Game

Shadowrun on the Genesis had me hooked for weeks. RPG that takes place in the future with a bunch of magic and tech elements. Lucky to own it again now; just need to get the battery in the cartridge replaced (...planning on doing that with Super Tecmo Bowl and a couple other old cartridges I have).

Day 12 - Favorite Movie Tie-in Game

Aladdin on the Genesis. Both this game and Lion King were great on the Genesis, and just a blast to play. Maybe I'm confused on the whole tie-in thing but Crewe I thought for sure you'd go with Warriors here.

Day 13 - Favorite Licensed TV Show Game

Thought about going old school again, but then realized I just played South Park: The Fractured But Whole a few short months ago. If you're familiar with the show and enjoy it, you'll love this. The humor is the same as the show with something to offend everyone, and while it is an RPG it's pretty easy to pick up what you need to do quickly. First game in awhile where I had a hard time putting the controller down. Also just reminded me I owe tider a review for this lol...whoops.

Day 14 - Favorite VideoGame Soundtrack

GTA: Vice City had a bunch of 80's nostalgia and the soundtrack was perfect for it...barely edges out the soundtrack of NBA Street Vol. 2 for me.

Most of the NHL games more than likely, but whichever one had "Warriors of Time" gets the edge for being the worst.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Oh man, Aladdin. Dang, what a perfect choice.

And you know what, I didn't even think about Warriors. Although maybe he didn't use it because he used it for value game.

rollntider

I know you expect a lot of GTA's but San Andreas had an awesome soundtrack .... the early 90's

Burnout paradise was a close 2nd.

rollntider

Pick a recent EA soundtrack LOL

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on May 01, 2018, 09:53:19 PM

Day 12 - Favorite Movie Tie-in Game

Aladdin on the Genesis. Both this game and Lion King were great on the Genesis, and just a blast to play. Maybe I'm confused on the whole tie-in thing but Crewe I thought for sure you'd go with Warriors here.

Ah man, how could I have forgotten that so soon?? Im just so used to not having much to contribute to this thread I just sorta opted out I guess lol
Definitely Warriors. Definitely ;-)

BojackHorsefella

Day 16 - Most Innovative Game

There are games that try new things (Looking at you, "Portal") and introduce really cool gameplay elements (Hello, "Braid") that feel like they're playing in a different field than your typical platformers or action-adventures. So what's a game you've played that you feel like it was innovative (and it doesn't just have to be because of gameplay controls/elements, it could just be that you thought the story was extremely innovative and hadn't seen something like that done in games before. It's your answer!)

For me, and this may seem silly considering the two great examples I provided up top, but I'm going to go with Wayne Gretzky hockey for the Wii. I don't know if any of you had it, for some reason it didn't last long because it stopped appearing on shelves, but man was this a fun way to play hockey and with a friend too.

It came with two hockey stick attachments, where the nunchuck sat up top and the Wiimote was towards the bottom. You held it like a real stick, and since it was mostly motion controlled, you used the stick to shoot and check (typically, this would turn into actual checking happening in the room).

You moved your guy with the joystick on the nunchuck still and you still hit B to pass, I think, but shooting was all about actually shooting with the stick.

So much fun.

Crewe

Ill suggest MGS, thats the 2005 edition I think?
This was one of the first I recall delving into the cinematic experience on that scale. Well, first on a home game system. I remember Dragon's Lair arcade game in the mid 80's that was all the rage.
I think not too long after Uncharted came on the scene and took over, but yea, Metal Gear Solid is my choice here.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on May 02, 2018, 12:02:32 PM
Ill suggest MGS, thats the 2005 edition I think?
This was one of the first I recall delving into the cinematic experience on that scale. Well, first on a home game system. I remember Dragon's Lair arcade game in the mid 80's that was all the rage.
I think not too long after Uncharted came on the scene and took over, but yea, Metal Gear Solid is my choice here.

Metal Gear Solid is 98, I think. On the Playstation, anyway.

2005, maybe you're thinking MGS4 for the PS3?

Crewe

yea thats probably it, you know the one I meant ;-)

cflnut

I'm just going general here and saying any sports game. One or two good tracks, but majority of them I find are dull.

Day 16 - Most Innovative Game

Little Big Planet. I loved this game spent easily over 500 hours with it. LBP2 & LBP3 were not as good still decent but the first one was the best.