News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2015 NFL Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 08, 2015, 06:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

After the Texans and Vikes games I dreaded the onslaught of death threats to those guys. I just dont get people

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Crewe

Put everything on Carolina, because I said last week, anyone but Carolina! Need any furher evidence?

I want Arizona to win it all the most but Palmer is making bad throws and bad decisions and at this stage, he isnt going to get away with it like he has been.
Peyton is the sentimental fav but Denver is mistake prone and that defense just seems too pourous to be called the number one defense.
NE is 3rd for me and of course Panthers are last. So, if Car doesnt win it all, NE will, but money says Carolina.

rollntider

yeah Carolina looks like the team this year... ugh

TheNorm

My hope is for a Patriots win with Tom Brady as MVP, so that the Commish has to present the trophy to them. I think that would also be a great time for Brady to ask Goodell his thoughts on BOFA.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Id accept that over a Carolina win, but I would really really rather not  ;)

Crewe

God, Imma have to live with Cam, SB champ aren't I?
I'm seriously considering throwing money on Carolina just so they won't win.

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on January 27, 2016, 10:54:14 PM

LOL... I dont like either team in the super bowl, so I really dont care.

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on January 28, 2016, 11:10:11 PM
Quote from: Crewe on January 27, 2016, 10:54:14 PM

LOL... I dont like either team in the super bowl, so I really dont care.

Im the sentimental sap rooting for Manning, but if it weren't for him...I wouldn't have much vested, except whatever I dump on Carolina lol

Ole mean Joe looks like he could still put a hurting on a QB!

TheNorm

Don't really have a rooting interest in the Super Bowl, although I wouldn't mind seeing the ol' forefive-head end his career on top. Don't think it'll happen but I've been wrong before.

rollntider

Crewe

Yea, I don't see it happening either, dammit.
I truly think Cam will gash this defense by scrambling and that's what will knock them out.
As for Manning, I think you will see a defensive game against on par with what Seattle did, with similar results.

Crewe

I thought with 3 minutes left, Carolina would pull it out. Drive down score, Denver would most certainly go 3 and out as they hadn't run for more than three yards in forever..punt, score again, tied.
That plus my other thoughts in this thread show you what I know lol
But I can say I am happy Ware got a ring, well deserved. Happy for Wade too, especially with his ties to my city. Kubes, glad to see him get validation after the way he was run out of Houston. Of course Manning, and even Elway.
I enjoyed seeing Kubiak hand the trophy over to Miller...Aggie to Aggie!

I will also say that I truly enjoyed the Carolina defense (Harper for one) get testy when Sanders was about to do his first down animation. Happened a few times. They clearly showed they are poor sports who can dish out and not take it. That was a highlight for me.
Cam is a petulant little bitch. I was really indifferent to him at game time, but man, did that change.
Glad to see him take it on the chin.
it's hard to think they won't be back here again though. Panthers are really a good team, but then again, the Marino thing is always looming too.
I thought Rivera was classy and respectful and exemplifies everything Cam needs to learn. He really looks like a sour little rich kid who didn't get his way.