News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

New avenger lineup released.

Started by rollntider, March 27, 2015, 01:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sakura

You know the saying, don't fix what isn't broken.  I don't like this, and there's no way I'd ever buy comics with patronizing gender bender characters.  Thor is a dude, there's no reason for a female Thor.  >:(

rollntider

I have heard several of my uber geek friends talk about they are changing it up to get the movie rights. Sony has spider man, but not this spiderman... that type of stuff.  Makes sense but why not just fight sony for the rights back.

TheNorm

Meh, I don't have a problem with it-in the long history of comics things have changed all the time for better and worse (Thor has also been a pig and a frog at some point). If Thor's done something to no longer be deemed worthy to hold Mjolnir (and apparently the hammer found the new girl Thor worthy), and the writers can tell me a hell of a story to show me how this impacts both the universe as well as the guy that lost his powers, I'm game.

And this just covers the comic book iterations, and I've seen nothing to suggest this will eventually make it's way to the screen version of Marvel Universe.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr