Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2021, 03:09:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Luggnutz

January 26, 2019, 02:25:29 AM
 ;D

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: The Movies Thread  (Read 60349 times)

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Movies Thread
« Reply #345 on: July 11, 2021, 10:05:38 PM »
So I pulled out the ole re watch bin this weekend;
French Connection with Gene Hackman and Roy Scheider.
Such a good watch, and based on real cops and events.
I just loved these older action films. Director William Friedkin had no license for many of his street scenes, including the infamous car chase (which Hackman did drive, just not all of it) which meant you were seeing real New Yorkers go about their everyday lives.
Many real cops played parts here as the two the movie was based on were constantly on set advisors.
The transit driver was the real guy because the actor didnt show that day ... just a fun fact.
Hackman had a hard time with the racial language and attitude but wanted it to be like the actual character. Commentary suggests the cop was the opposite of his street persona which he needed so the dealers and street urchins would fear him.

Bullit with Steve McQueen
Yea, the car chase, the 1968 Mustang Fastback vs the 68 Charger. My first car was a beloved 67 Mustang fastback, so yea, Im a fan.

Prisoners
This movie is so good, just really really good. Im usually not a huge fan of Jake Gylleianwhatshisface but he, Jackman and Bello knocked it out of the park here.

Also included was the reboot of Amityville Horror, i.e. The Conjuring
This movie is just downright creepy, and me being a fan of horror, well, sign me up. Plus, Vera Farmiga :-)

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 48
  • Latest: lurees
Stats
  • Total Posts: 9533
  • Total Topics: 688
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 900
  • (January 21, 2020, 03:13:19 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0