News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

30 Days of Video Games Thread

Started by BojackHorsefella, April 17, 2018, 12:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Day 10 - Worst Game You Ever Played

Drake and the 99 dragons, God awful trash. and I played ET.

rollntider

Day 11 - Favorite indie game

Defense Grid, its tower defense and the best one ever made. Defense Grid 2 is good but one is better.

Crewe

My premiere gaming days are long behind me and Im not in the know so Ill have to bow out of this category.

BojackHorsefella

Day 12 - Favorite Movie Tie-In Game

E.T. for Atari. Batman Behins in PS2 (I bet you forgot that existed). Captain America: The First Avenger for PS3.

Movie tie-in games are often horrible, but are tradition. What's your favorite one that youve ever played?

For me, I think it might be the original Jurassic Park video game on the Sega Genesis. The ability to play a single player campaign as either Dr. Grant or a velociraptor (guess which one was easier) gave you two different sets of levels and gameplay mechanics which was really cool. It could be a bit unforgiving, but never went full-on unfair, and the controls were actually easy to learn and execute.

Crewe

Only ones I ever wanted to try I can think of were 24 and The Sopranos, both of which were terrible, and I guess they weren't really movie tie ins either.
I suck at this video game thing lol

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on April 28, 2018, 04:47:35 PM
Only ones I ever wanted to try I can think of were 24 and The Sopranos, both of which were terrible, and I guess they weren't really movie tie ins either.

You'll get to use one of these tomorrow. ;)

Also, dang, I thought this one would work. Been to a Dave and Buster's lately? Played a Jurassic Park lightgun shooter?

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on April 28, 2018, 04:51:04 PM
Quote from: Crewe on April 28, 2018, 04:47:35 PM

You'll get to use one of these tomorrow. ;)

Also, dang, I thought this one would work. Been to a Dave and Buster's lately? Played a Jurassic Park lightgun shooter?

Nope. My money is reserved for hookers and drugs ;-)
Seriously, I haven't been to an arcade in a long damn time

BojackHorsefella

Um.....

Yeah, I've got nothing. Carry on!

BojackHorsefella

Day 13 - Favorite Licensed TV Show Game

Have a feeling this one will mostly be cartoon-related, but there's some great ones out there (including an obvious choice from an AMC show).

But for me, for all my life, one game excels above all else: the Ninja Turtles Arcade Game (later brought to the NES as the second TMNT game.

Released before another tv arcade game and the X-Men arcade game (which I almost went with but I believe, bases on release date and character design, that it came out before the cartoon), all three of which were and are still popular and revered, the TMNT unleashed the original, simple mechanics of punch, kick, special move with the occasional jumpkick used as well.

If you got four players to join on any of these it was always a super fun experience. My man Donatello is still the best.

rollntider

X-Men origins wolverine. The movie was meh to bad with the way they handled deadpool. But the game was way better and was fun to play. Spider-man 2 was a close 2nd.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: rollntider on April 29, 2018, 02:52:42 PM

X-Men origins wolverine. The movie was meh to bad with the way they handled deadpool. But the game was way better and was fun to play. Spider-man 2 was a close 2nd.

I only ever played the demo of this and I remember it being ridiculously fun.

cflnut

Day 11 - Favorite indie game

Flower. This game is just so relaxing.

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic. I think it's the only movie tie-in I've ever played.

Star Trek Online.

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

rollntider

Quote from: Bucfever on April 29, 2018, 03:12:53 PM
Quote from: rollntider on April 29, 2018, 02:52:42 PM

I only ever played the demo of this and I remember it being ridiculously fun.

It was, I would still recommend it

rollntider

Walking dead the Tale tell version? I think it is based off of the comics though  but other than TMNT or a Batman game I cant think of a good tv based game. I can think of a bunch of  tv based games but I didnt play them or like them.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: rollntider on April 30, 2018, 01:52:22 PM

Walking dead the Tale tell version? I think it is based off of the comics though  but other than TMNT or a Batman game I cant think of a good tv based game. I can think of a bunch of  tv based games but I didnt play them or like them.

I consider Walking Dead to be a tv tie-in game, because it certainly wasn't out there when there was only the comic and not the show. It's the "obvious answer" I was referring too. Knew someone would choose it because it's an amazing game.

Day 14 - Favorite Video Game Soundtrack

I expect to see a lot of sports games and GTAs on here, but I have to go with the undisputed king: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3.

Every song fit the game perfectly, somehow they never got old, and I can still listen to it today without feeling silly.