Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2021, 05:50:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Luggnutz

January 26, 2019, 02:25:29 AM
 ;D

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: The Life Thread  (Read 30312 times)

Offline BojackHorsefella

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: The Life Thread
« Reply #210 on: April 06, 2021, 05:40:55 PM »
I remember that and on best days I could complete that shit lol.
Remember the Tae Bo fad?

I think I was a kid back then but I definitely remember the commercials (that was Billy Blanks, right?)

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 06, 2021, 06:31:36 PM »
yep, good memory lol

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
  • Immigrants Built America
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2021, 04:17:54 AM »
Lol I tried that Insanity for a bit...nope. All of his stuff is on Beachbody On Demand now...T25 is a good start if you decide to sign up for all of that. Same concept, doesn't require equipment.
“But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity.” - Martin Luther King, Jr

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 13, 2021, 06:09:51 PM »
Im here to make you feel better about yourself by comparison.
So, I pawned a bunch of crap for $100 yesterday.
So I figured it was time for a trip to the store, free groceries right? Well, I mean I sold shit for it, but I didnt want it anyway so yea, free.
At the cashier, I exceeded my $100, so I put it back in my pocket, paid with my card and left.
Came home, put away food, went on a bike ride. Came back in, $100 is gone.
So, the TLDR is, I gave $100 to charity today and you better believe I'm writing that shit off.

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2021, 05:55:51 PM »
I am no longer the only guy that has never been to Colorado!

Me and a couple of friends took off to the Rockies and I am so happy we did.

First off, this was my first real big outing since the pandemic hit and while I felt safer having been vaccinated, I was still leery heading in to an airport. I don't freely touch anything now and am cautious still about touching my face and of course, others.
Mask mandates are on in airports and on planes, and I have to admit, it kind of is a pain in the butt to wear one that long, continuously. Not to the point of complaining though, and certainly not to the point of dressing some one down over enforcing said rule.

So, Monday afternoon we arrived in Denver, hit a few bars as we were only there one night. Really wanted to hit Rockies stadium, but it didnt work out.
We did however, find an Astros bar, well, Houston bar I should say, so it was great meeting some immediate friends.
Tuesday morning we boarded a train to Glenwood Springs. My cousin and I wanted to take a train trip all our lives and now we have. The scenery was just stunning, especially to someone who hasnt been there before.
That afternoon, we endured the hike up to Potters Field to see Doc Holliday's grave site along with Kid Curry and others.
Relics like that just fascinate me as a reader of history.

Wednesday morning, rafting the Colorado river. Now Ive been tubing here in Texas, floated the river and what not but never actual rafting and it was fun as hell. Maybe the highlight of the trip. If I get pics sent to me, Ill post a few.

Thursday was the amusement park atop Iron Mountain in Glendwood. You have to take a gondola ride up, scamper in and enjoy the vertigo inducing rides.
We did the zip line, well, that's what they call it I think, but you are taken up in a seat away from the mountain an then they reel you back, or zip you back in. A few roller coasters that were fun but not torturous or anxiety ridden.
For that experience, we chose the Haunted Mine Drop.
You are in a short bench seat with six people side by side, and when I say short, I dont mean width wise, but the edge of the seat didnt extend out to mid thigh for instance, more like to the edge of your butt.
You are in the mountain now, seated, while a holographic video is displayed about 30 feet in front of you against the make shift mine wall.
I knew this narrative didnt play long but wasnt sure how the ride was executed because we were up against a wall ourselves.
We would be dropped of course, I knew that, but as I was sort of tuning out the happening in front of me, sort of gawking around, in an instantaneous second, I hear "fire in the hole" while simultaneously noticing the floor was retracting from under us.
110 ten feet later, we were at the bottom of this cold, pitch dark mine inside the mountain.
That was an instant free fall that will get your heart in your throat lemme tell ya. I typically dont shy away from shit like that, but even having done it once, Im not sure Id do it again...unless I could get one of your fellas in it, then I might 😝
As we are lifted back out, the worst part was thinking we were going to be dropped again. Fortunately, we weren't.
After reaching safety, I told my fellow riders, the good thing was, I didnt have to pee any longer.
There was more, but those were the highlights.

Friday, we had a rental and drove to Silverthorne just in time to take a biking tour that also hit a distillery and a brewery, which of course is always fun.

Saturday we toured a working gold and silver mine. As a reader of old west history, everything stems from mining and the boom towns so I was really interested.
We went 1000 feet inside the mine and it was fascinating to me. We were shown the evolution of methods and equipment, given demonstrations of panning and even allowed to pull out some rocks we thought might be laced with ore and minearls and if they were, we were able to keep them.
Our guide was telling us how miners in the 1850's had to use candles because you didnt want to bring kerosene lamps in with you.
He lit one, wedged it in to a nook then turned out the lighting. It really put in to perspective the drive and determination those folks had back then. Well, lets be honest, necessity too.
At that point, he blew out the candle without turning on the lights and if you arent scared of the dark, you woulda been then.
We have all been somewhere and uttered the phrase "couldnt see your hand in front of your face."
I shit you not, you couldnt see your hand a literal inch from your face. It was suspenseful dizziness at its finest.
Once out, we broke open our rock(s) each of us freely selected. Our group of about 8-10 people all had gold, quartz or silver in their finds.
Now, in a mine, standing at a working vein with tons of rubble to choose from, who can guess if my choice had any of those minerals?
Of course it fucking didnt lol!!
Lucky me, my buddy cracked open a pretty good one and gave me a piece and the guide let me choose a rock from previously mined rocks, so that was a win, I guess? ;-)

Saturday we tooled around Breckenridge, hit a few original 1800's saloons and also went axe throwing, which was fun in its own right.
I didnt even know that was a thing.
You get ten rounds of throws and I came in second in our group by only four points (35-31) while sticking nine out of ten tries.
Guy that beat me lived there and had done it before, so yea, Im calling win lol

We flew back Sunday and all is well as far as I know.
Ill say one more thing, people are acting like everything is safe and sound now and maybe it is magnified by the pandemic, but I notice now that people, most, and I mean like 99% of ones I see, are really careless, if not down right disgusting.
I really hope my vax held up. I still washed my hands as often as possible. honestly I didnt mask up unless it was mandated, but I still kept my distance as best I could. Everyone I went with either had Covid or was vaccinated, mostly vaccinated. So here's hoping 15 days from now Im not regretting this decision.

I wish there was a way I could upload a few short vids and some pics for you guys. Maybe Ill look in to that a bit later.

Edit - You cant take phones, etc because you'll lose them, but here's a promo vid and the only thing it doesnt demonstrate well is the surreal surroundings, and keep in mind, you arent aware the floor is sliding out from under you because you just walk in and sit down right there so unless you see it, and even if you do, like I did, it doesnt matter, its over lol

« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 06:17:44 PM by Crewe »

Offline BojackHorsefella

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2021, 08:47:24 PM »
That sounds like an awesome time Crewe! If I ever make my way to Colorado I'll have to copycat some of this, not so much the roller coasters as I am a certified scaredy cat when it comes to those, but the gold mine and Breckenridge sound incredible.

Like you, I want to make my way to CO eventually and go to the Rockies stadium. My brother went here a few years ago and said the stadium is amazing, one of his favorites.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 48
  • Latest: lurees
Stats
  • Total Posts: 9428
  • Total Topics: 682
  • Online Today: 10
  • Online Ever: 900
  • (January 21, 2020, 03:13:19 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0