News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2020 Gaming Plans

Started by TheNorm, October 21, 2020, 08:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

I was really looking forward to a game to play, but this doesnt seem to be it either as its just ok.
I know that makes me sound like a snobby gamer but hey...money is tight and I need bang for my buck

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on December 11, 2020, 05:53:40 PM
I was really looking forward to a game to play, but this doesnt seem to be it either as its just ok.
I know that makes me sound like a snobby gamer but hey...money is tight and I need bang for my buck

I'm the same way, I typically don't buy games unless they go on sale, and am thus usually very late to the party, haha. There are exceptions, I bought RDR2 right away because, honestly, obviously it was going to be great, and got Marvel's Spider-Man as an xmas gift last year or whenever, but mostly I stick to sales.

Crewe

Those are the last two I bought as well, prior to Miles SM

TheNorm

I did snag THPS1&2 when it was on sale on PSN a couple weeks ago, so that was nice. Other than the PS VR getting dropped in my lap, I've pretty much stuck to my guns on games since I posted this thread.

Cyberpunk 2077 I'll probably wait until they patch up a little bit.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

bigbaldben

Quote from: TheNorm on December 12, 2020, 12:37:09 PM

Cyberpunk 2077 I'll probably wait until they patch up a little bit.

This, exactly.  I will likely wait until I get a PS5 now as well.  Any AAA games I get for PS4 now make the console sound like an airplane taking off for however long I play it.

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

BojackHorsefella

I've been eyeing Squadrons, Crewe. Would be interested in your thoughts.

Crewe

just picked it up last night, Ill keep you posted.
Keep in mind, I suck at flying sims lol

TheNorm

*stares at first post, has had this game for two months*
Lol

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on January 01, 2021, 01:05:25 PM
Lol

My uh, memory didn't go back that far, hahaha.

I was thinking "I hope Crewe didn't review it in another thread and I've just forgotten." Getting old sucks.

Crewe

Lol

lol such a norm thing[

quote author=BojackHorsefella link=topic=712.msg9382#msg9382 date=1609529082]
Lol

My uh, memory didn't go back that far, hahaha.

I was thinking "I hope Crewe didn't review it in another thread and I've just forgotten." Getting old sucks.
[/quote]

Or like the wisdom my mom dropped on me; getting old aint for wimps lol

Crewe

So Squadrons; I dont know yet. All I know is I get lost.
Im in the early tutorial sorta phase and you have to fly around and through structures and I can never see where I am or where I'm supposed to go. Once they just release you to dogfight, Im kinda ok because there's no real destination. I still died many times over because I cant shoot for shit as it turns out.

But back to the structures part, it's just hard for me to discern what I can and cant go through, like if there's a tunnel opening somewhere...think ala the Falcon in TFA, I can never find it and I get stuck in a corner just trying to grind my way out but I damage my ship too much and die. Then I have to start over lol

The actual flying? I suck at that too. Ill discover Im in a school of fighters but I'm flying upside down for some reason.  :o
Im hoping Ill get better at it, and yes, Im on the easiest difficulty too.

TheNorm

If flight sims really aren't your thing there is definitely a steep learning curve with this game...but it's worth it IMO. Still need to try the VR stuff with it, I've read it's amazing although flying a TIE in VR has definitely exposed a design flaw for the Empire lol

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 05, 2021, 05:29:23 PM
If flight sims really aren't your thing there is definitely a steep learning curve with this game...but it's worth it IMO. Still need to try the VR stuff with it, I've read it's amazing although flying a TIE in VR has definitely exposed a design flaw for the Empire lol

pray tell

I finally made it through the tutorial missions, I think, there might be more.
I have to get used to the controls, and the readouts. I remember some from the old PC games of yore, but it's better than it was so maybe there's hope for me.
Im on the easiest mode, but hey, it's all I can do, so...