News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Grand Theft Auto V

Started by TheNorm, July 22, 2014, 08:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

The only thing I cannot do is fly a helicopter, oh my gawd! It just seems impossible to me and those time trials, holy crap.
And this is where I have a bit of an issue and I don't know why games are like this; its kinda like that shoot someone right outside the door and the guy on the other side can't hear it because you haven't tripped his "zone" yet; but theres a point where you have to land the helicopter at Trevor's deserted helipad, absolutely nothing around for miles, but you have to land on this one teeny tiny little dot or nothing happens. I sat there like a fool with the helicopter on the ground just inching forward without trying to lift off because Id never get this close again lol

I checked my stats the other day and Im 60% through the game which kinda surprised me a bit, but then Ive logged a crap ton of hours on this thing just doodling around. I got the fifty stunt jumps in and have pretty much fooled around as much as I want, so now I am starting to focus a little more on the mission, although I just spent thirty minutes playing tennis lol

Sakura

So I've been playing this on Steam for like 3 or 4 days now, it's pretty good.  I mean it's like most GTA games, there's not a whole lot there if you do the missions, it's all about the freeroam and the what not.  I pretty much play GTAO exclusively, cause if you're going to do silly crap, you might as well let other people see you doing it.

Game is very easy to meta game and raise a perfectly maxed out character in a single day (so far as stats go, anyway).  Only complaints might be that you can't buy your own air strip, boat house, or yacht.  Everything is tiny and costs way too friggin much for what it's worth.  Old 1970s and 1980s vehicles selling for the same price as you'd pay for a brand new car made in 2015...  I really hate when video games do that crap, at least in Final Fantasy it was understandable -- the "G" or Gil monetary unit was based on the Yen.  But here, there's no excuse for this, unless someone managed to hyper inflate the economy -- but if that's the case, why are chocolate bars only $1, $2, and $3? 

Game favors shark cards a bit too much, adding in vehicles that you can only acquire by purchasing on the internet, and then making them cost more than the in-game housing.  Overall pretty solid though, having fun playing with friends.

rollntider

Sakura

Quote from: rollntider on May 13, 2015, 12:07:42 AM
Mods unlock new areas

http://kotaku.com/gta-v-mod-unlocks-30-different-special-hidden-areas-1704025644

Yeah, but you can only use those mods in SP.  If you use mods in GTAO, then you'll get banned by Rockstar.

rollntider

I know. Just passing it along. I haven't played online yet.

Sakura

Today we were looking for the shark in the ocean, when my friend blew up a guy on a jet ski (I reprimanded him for doing so, cause it was rather senseless).  Then all of the sudden a friggin UFO appears out of nowhere.  I managed to get a screenshot of it before it submerged, but on the top of it was the FIB logo.  Later on we found another UFO (or the same one, either way) submerged just beside the pier on the beach, and I took more extensive screenshots of it.

Eventually we found out that it was a player on the server using hacks and mods to mess around with the game, and we were rather disappointed.  I mean the UFO *IS* part of the game, but it isn't meant to be underwater, and it was a poor way to discover its existence.