News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2016 College Football Thread

Started by rollntider, January 26, 2016, 10:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

I'm beginning to think that Notre Dame just isn't very good. Michigan/Wisconsin next week is a potential Big Ten Championship Preview, and if Louisville/Clemson wasn't happening I'd be willing to bet Gameday would be in A2.

I also see that Auburn made the news today. No, not that ending (Les you dolt).

This.

https://twitter.com/DerekTysonESPN/status/779836659575783424

But she's okay.

https://twitter.com/AshLaWard/status/779842377263489025
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

**EDIT** Nevermind this explained it to me.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/9/24/13041294/lsu-auburn-final-score-last-play

I hate Auburn so I think it should have counted.

TheNorm

Well, your initial reason for why it should've counted was hilarious so there's that.  :D
The last few minutes of Stanford/UCLA was a treat...David Shaw pulled a page out of the Les Miles school of clock management, and somehow it worked for him.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

I've watched this a quite a few times and I still can't figure it out...then again, if I was a head coach of a team that just got disrespected at home I'd probably want to disappear too. :D

https://twitter.com/barstooltweetss/status/779777286228865025

TheNorm

rollntider

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on September 25, 2016, 10:35:42 AM
I've watched this a quite a few times and I still can't figure it out...then again, if I was a head coach of a team that just got disrespected at home I'd probably want to disappear too. :D

https://twitter.com/barstooltweetss/status/779777286228865025

Notice the guy behind him, he is walking away the second the player crosses and leaves the guy behind him in view

rollntider

TheNorm

Crashed out last night since it's been a really busy week, and totally forgot that the Stanford/Washington game was on which I really wanted to watch. Looks like I didn't miss much though - congrats thai, looks like Washington is finally trending up.

Off to A2 in a bit to watch Michigan and Wisconsin - should be a damn good one.  :goblue:

TheNorm

Michigan/Wisconsin was every bit the battle I thought it would be...Badgers defense is tough and could surprise the buckeyes in Madison next weekend, ohio state hasn't faced off against a defense yet.

The Wolverines defense is just a bit better though. Great battle, this game felt like old school Big Ten football, just a fight from start to finish. And sorry, but you're not gonna find a better play of the day than this:

https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/782393146500014080

On par with Charles Woodson's INT against MSU in 1997.

As for Louisville/Clemson: wow, what a finish. Lamar Jackson's fun to watch...but just one yard short.

thaima1shu

Michigan at #4 and Washington at #5. What a time to be alive.

rollntider

Yeah hope Washington and Michigan and Bama  are in it :)