News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2016 College Football Thread

Started by rollntider, January 26, 2016, 10:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thaima1shu

Yeah for sure man. I ended up with too many tickets, so if you need some at face value let me know. I have a set of four tickets somewhere in the 100 level endzone that are arriving today, which I'll need to sell.

rollntider

Quote from: thaima1shu on December 15, 2016, 01:38:55 PM
Yeah for sure man. I ended up with too many tickets, so if you need some at face value let me know. I have a set of four tickets somewhere in the 100 level endzone that are arriving today, which I'll need to sell.

what is face value? and I think i will take you up on that,,,, are we friends on face book?

rollntider

Thai and I will get to meet in person we are both going to the game.... Safe travels my friend.

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on December 17, 2016, 03:36:01 PM
Thai and I will get to meet in person we are both going to the game.... Safe travels my friend.

Noice...get a BSB pic to make up for the one we didn't get in Seattle for Lions/Seahawks lol
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

thaima1shu

Quote from: TheNorm on December 18, 2016, 02:23:21 AM
Quote from: rollntider on December 17, 2016, 03:36:01 PM

Noice...get a BSB pic to make up for the one we didn't get in Seattle for Lions/Seahawks lol

No idea why we didn't think to do that, haha

rollntider

Thai avatar bet? If anyone thinks Bama is a forgone conclusion, I remember 2014 and thought Bama would mop the floor with OSU.

thaima1shu

Quote from: rollntider on December 28, 2016, 07:46:21 PM
Thai avatar bet? If anyone thinks Bama is a forgone conclusion, I remember 2014 and thought Bama would mop the floor with OSU.

Yeah man that works.

I am apparently staying at the official Alabama host hotel. Good times lol.

rollntider

cool deal... I will leave my house at about 830 am and pull into atlanta about 12 cst/1 est   if all goes well and then will take the marta to the stadium
lets text or call to try to meet up if it is just for a few minutes

BTW found out why my friend did not call you about those tickets, he broke his foot that day and had to have surgery so I understand why now he is not going.

thaima1shu

Quote from: rollntider on December 29, 2016, 03:35:23 PM
cool deal... I will leave my house at about 830 am and pull into atlanta about 12 cst/1 est   if all goes well and then will take the marta to the stadium
lets text or call to try to meet up if it is just for a few minutes

BTW found out why my friend did not call you about those tickets, he broke his foot that day and had to have surgery so I understand why now he is not going.

Sounds good. If you wanna go to the fan fest before the game, I've got two extra tickets to it that you can have. Hit me up when you're here.

rollntider

thanks man that sounds great
will send you a test text

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/RussellAthBowl/status/814252628389588996

I honestly couldn't give two sh*ts about how conferences do in bowls, because if you really think I'm gonna root for Ohio State or MSU in a bowl game for the good of the conference then lol. But that being said, this is pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/sbell021/status/814659506399510529

https://twitter.com/ByAZuniga/status/814649772862685185
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Not a big fan of the conference talk either (boomer sooner anyone?), but kinda Funny the big 10 has been shut out 2 years in a row. :D

I really think Penn state would have given Clemson a better game.

Hats off to Washington, dude they were better than advertised.

I forgot to warn Thai of the rammer jammer cheer.....

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on December 31, 2016, 11:06:17 PM
Not a big fan of the conference talk either (boomer sooner anyone?), but kinda Funny the big 10 has been shut out 2 years in a row. :D

Oh, I can give you 49 reasons Pedo State wouldn't have given Clemson a better game, although the buckeyes didn't deserve to be there either. That being said, I think I've liked about 5000 new tweets tonight...a sampling :D

https://twitter.com/sbell021/status/815400587114188800

https://twitter.com/KF4G/status/815400328753512448

https://twitter.com/sbell021/status/815396124672589824

https://twitter.com/sbell021/status/815386794011324416

Lastly...what in the actual f*ck is going on here?

https://twitter.com/SBNationGIF/status/815369478968143873

rollntider

... one of the memes on the clemson butt grab "Hmm.. its just like a sheeps"

that cracked me up.

thaima1shu

Quote from: rollntider on December 31, 2016, 11:06:17 PM

It was impressive watching Alabama in person. First off, they're all enormous human beings. Secondly, watching them play two deep on what seemed like literally every play, press coverage on the outside, and stopping the run with only 6 or 7 defenders is incredible. That defense is just on another level.

I think Washington's defense held up very, very well given the struggles the offense was having. They were constantly put in bad field position and to only give up 17 points and force as many punts as they did left me quite satisfied. The offense obviously isn't there yet, as our offensive line can't hold up against that front and Jake Browning still has a lot of developing to do.

All in all, great experience and hopefully this is the start of things to come for Washington. A hell of a lot better than what I've been watching for the past 15 years.

Let me know what avatar I need to switch it up to!