News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

XFL Revival?

Started by rollntider, December 16, 2017, 02:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news/xfl-rumors-vince-mcmahon-30-for-30-dick-ebersol-wwe/auqcfmwuysnc11mqd8adgk7hu

Please let it be true. I loved the XFL, it needs to be run better but would love some new teams. We need a major minor league.

Crewe

I not think they could get away with the XFL again, at least not with the rule set they had because it would obliterate the player safety narrative.
If they do, it needs to be separate and apart from WWE, completely.

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on December 16, 2017, 04:53:29 PM
I not think they could get away with the XFL again, at least not with the rule set they had because it would obliterate the player safety narrative.
If they do, it needs to be separate and apart from WWE, completely.

there are some things they would need to fix, but the ball scramble was probably the best way to determine who got choice. I loved it.

Crewe

You think they should have the league interact with WWE, superstars, etc?

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on December 17, 2017, 09:04:44 PM

It made me cringe when they mixed the WWF with it. I think that is what made it seem fake. That and rules changes in the middle of the season. Plus every team was not owned by anyone other than the league.

Crewe

Thats my sentiment. I appreciated the entertainment aspect they were trying to achieve, but they just didn't have a grasp of a solid implementation.
Live and learn...maybe

rollntider

Exactly, hopefully if this comes true they will implement it correctly.

cflnut

Quote from: rollntider on December 18, 2017, 12:30:59 AM
Quote from: Crewe on December 17, 2017, 09:04:44 PM

It made me cringe when they mixed the WWF with it. I think that is what made it seem fake. That and rules changes in the middle of the season. Plus every team was not owned by anyone other than the league.

All that is what turned me off of it. Plus coverage in Canada was not that great.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

rollntider

I think it had maybe one game on NBC and the rest were on UPN(Now the CW after merger)

Would love to see a spring league to fill in the dead time.

Crewe

Id like for it to work, but not in the WWE iteration style, more USFL esque

rollntider

BojackHorsefella

I can't even begin with how against this I am.

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

cflnut

Quote from: TheNorm on January 25, 2018, 04:11:32 PM

So much for Johnny Manziel having a shot.

Manziel is looking at coming up here to the CFL. 
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

BojackHorsefella

Ok, so, I like what he's saying about player safety and criminal records, but lets see how much follow through there is there.