News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Avery Johnson

Started by rollntider, April 06, 2015, 02:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Tell me about him, he is going to be the bama hoops coach. I am excited by the hire, but I am lacking in BBAll knowledge.

TheNorm

Been a long time since I've heard that name, was a pretty good PG back in the day for the Spurs. Had varying degrees of success as a coach in the NBA too, even if he didn't win a title (to be fair, not many could save the dumpster fire that was the Brooklyn Nets when he coached).

College coaching will be a new challenge for him since he'll have to play the recruiting game, but if he can surround himself with good assistants he should be fine.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Cool thanks Norm... I head he will keep former Bama (player/assistant) Antoine Pettway That will help with in state recruiting, we usually turn out 1 to 3 good recruits a year (you are welcome kentucky)

Cant wait for BBall season. Bama wants to win in all sports :)

I had a auburn fan tell me it was a desperation hire... I asked him if Johnson had a show cause order and could not recruit for 3 months like Pearl....

rollntider

I just love Avery Johnson, the dude is everywhere promoting other Bama sports. I have never heard a Bama fan say they can't wait for Basketball season in May, All of the ones I know including me have said that...

I really liked Anthony Grant and wanted him to do well, but after Avery Johnson, I am glad he is gone and we have someone with fire in their belly.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Video-Avery-Johnson-has-an-early-morning-message-37192351

rollntider

Well, the more he is at Bama the more I am impressed with Avery Johnson. Not only is he winning with Players that Grant couldn't do anything with, but he is teaching the players how to respect folks

http://tide991.com/watch-avery-johnson-shannon-hale-apologize-after-florida-game-video/