News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Vikings RB Adrian Peterson indicted for child injury

Started by TheNorm, September 12, 2014, 07:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Might be an understatement to say that the NFL is NOT having a good week PR-wise.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-child-injury-indictment

QuoteAccording to the police report, Peterson hit the four-year-old boy with a tree branch after removing all the leaves. The doctor told investigators that the boy had "a number of lacerations on his thighs, along with bruise-like marks on his lower back and buttocks and cuts on his hand."

The doctor also reportedly described some of the marks as open wounds and termed it "child abuse." Another person who examined the boy called the cuts "extensive."

The boy was interviewed by authorities, who reportedly told them "Daddy Peterson hit me on my face." He also told them he had been hit by a belt and that "there are a lot of belts in Daddy's closet."

The punishment happened after the boy pushed another one of Peterson's children off of a motorbike video game, according to the police report.

The Vikings have deactivated Adrian Peterson for this Sunday's game.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

yea and it all happens right as the season starts.  Maybe the Cowboys will fly under the radar for once....wait, who am I kidding...?

Bret

Wow, this is too bad. I was certain the Vikings would win the Super Bowl this year until this happened...

TheNorm

If only that 4-year-old would've just moved out and left at the first sign of trouble.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr