UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2016 College Football Thread

Started by rollntider, January 26, 2016, 10:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

I think the only one we do that with is the Barn
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_E._Foy,_V-ODK_Sportsmanship_Trophy

The rest is just plain bragging rights. I think Arkansas and LSU do a battle for the boot. A trophy in the shape of Ark and Louisiana its pretty cool looking also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas%E2%80%93LSU_football_rivalry

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

rollntider

2nd best punter left off the Ray Guy award. i think it is due to Bama fatigue....  Wow

rollntider

You Washington and Michigan fans hold your head up, remember Bama lost games in 2015, 2014,2012,2011 and still played for the title. Its not over yet.

TheNorm

Yeah, I'm not sweating the loss to Iowa all that much, and I'm not sweating the rankings tonight either. Michigan wins the next three and they'll be in.
How John O'Korn handles the QB spot with Wilton Speight out is the only thing that might concern me a bit.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/11/who_is_john_okorn.html

Then again, if his QB play is as strong as his Twitter game, I don't think I or any Michigan fans will have anything to worry about.

https://twitter.com/JohnOKorn/status/759794941879025664
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Meltdown thread cracks me up as always some weeks are weaker than others but some good ones here...

QuoteMichigan faves:
This clearly establishes that Western Michigan is the best team in Michigan.
Saban looked at the playoff picture tonight and was like "Execute Oder 66".
The University of Alabama presents: The 2016 CFB Playoffs

QuoteClemson:
Clemson fans be like #notmyrefs

QuoteWahington:
So much chaos today.

Unranked UGA beat #9 Auburn

Unranked Pitt beat #2 Clemson

Unranked Mississippi state scored against #1 Alabama*

And #20 USC beat #4 Washington

Unranked Ole Miss beat #8 Texas A&M too

Unranked GT beat #14 VT too

Unranked Iowa beat #3 Michigan

I love it when directional schools do well.

Clemson: should we give them a shot again?

Michigan: sure

QuoteBarners:

I think it'd be healthy to just never believe in him again. He's like sex, except you never get to finish.(Gus)
This is probably what Saban looks like right now
Hold offense to 6 points, still lose.

*cracked me up
http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2016/11/15/13627900/nsfw-it-s-meltdown-time-week-11

thaima1shu

Washington only dropping to 6 is pleasantly surprising. I think if we can win out, we'd be fine. I'm just not confident that we will (never really was, either). Regardless of what happens, it's just nice to be relevant again. It's been a long road back from 0-12.

rollntider

I think you guys are fine as long as you dont face USC again....

rollntider

I had never heard of a 1 point safety, that is a new one on me. 

rollntider

MSU vs OSU today, who does Michigan fans pull for?

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on November 19, 2016, 01:16:49 PM

A meteor.

Can't believe it's been a decade since the last time Michigan and Ohio State played for such huge stakes: two top 5 teams, a Big Ten Championship (the East) on the line, national championship implications...man.

This week is going to be fun.

rollntider

thaima1shu

Quote from: TheNorm on November 20, 2016, 05:23:42 PM
Quote from: rollntider on November 19, 2016, 01:16:49 PM

A meteor.

Can't believe it's been a decade since the last time Michigan and Ohio State played for such huge stakes: two top 5 teams, a Big Ten Championship (the East) on the line, national championship implications...man.

This week is going to be fun.

Similarly, first time in forever that the Apple Cup has meant anything. Winner goes to the Pac-12 Championship, UW needs the win to remain in the playoff conversation, etc.