News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Batman: Return to Arkham

Started by TheNorm, July 25, 2017, 02:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Yeah this game dropped months ago, but PS4 had one of those flash sale things this pas weekend and I caught it at the last minute...for $15.99 I couldn't pass it up. Fired up Arkham Asylum and this game just looks incredible with PS4 graphics. Still plays as amazing as it did when it first came out too; immediately got sucked in and played it for a few hours last night, something I rarely do anymore. If you loved the games and can find it at a decent price, it already feels like it's worth playing through again. :)
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Seems I tried one of the Arkham games, cant recall, but it was out of my league with the short time I spent on it, couldnt figure out the controls for nothin. just didnt appeal to me.
Think I should give this one a go?

rollntider

I think I have that one on PS4 bought it from red box for 8 bucks... not a scratch on it.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on July 25, 2017, 04:45:28 PM
Seems I tried one of the Arkham games, cant recall, but it was out of my league with the short time I spent on it, couldnt figure out the controls for nothin. just didnt appeal to me.
Think I should give this one a go?

If you tried it years ago...meh, it's the same game just with PS4 graphics. If you really want to give it a go again, find it for cheap...otherwise, nah.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: rollntider on July 25, 2017, 10:02:12 PM
I think I have that one on PS4 bought it from red box for 8 bucks... not a scratch on it.

I thought this was the arkham knight series, my bad. :)

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on July 26, 2017, 08:26:41 PM
Quote from: rollntider on July 25, 2017, 10:02:12 PM

I thought this was the arkham knight series, my bad. :)

Arkham Knight was the finish to the series (on PS4), so in a way yeah.

Crewe

The one I tried was on PS4, how many Batman and/or Arkham games are there?

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on July 27, 2017, 12:24:20 PM
The one I tried was on PS4, how many Batman and/or Arkham games are there?

Then that was Arkham Knight...could you drive the Batmobile in that one?

As for how many there were, Rocksteady did three:

Arkham Asylum
Arkham City
Arkham Knight

Asylum and City were both on last gen consoles until last October when they were remastered for current gen.

Also, WB Games Montreal did a prequel of sorts with Arkham Origins back in 2013...it wasn't bad but I'd consider it a step below the Rocksteady games.

Crewe

I never got very far, just tinkered with it at a friends house, but enough to know it wasnt for me, at least that one.
Only two I have now are Uncharted 4 and MLB.
Think Ill take your advice on Batman.

rollntider

Bundle stars had a bundle for all the batmans, up til the latest one for a few bucks and I got it.