News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2015 NFL Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 08, 2015, 06:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thaima1shu

Now that Harbaugh is no longer in the Pac-12/NFC West, he is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters in sports. So great.

Crewe

I pull for SF to fail at every turn because they benched Alex Smith after he recovered from injury and despite an undefeated record in favor of the flashy dual threat PR win, Kaep.
With that, I now root against KC because, Texans aaaand because, 93 Oilers lol

TheNorm

Rams, Chargers, and Raiders file for relocation to Los Angeles...I honestly don't know enough about why any of these teams want to move or why they'd want to move to LA (hasn't this been done and failed before?), but whatever.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000617813/article/rams-chargers-raiders-apply-for-la-relocation
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

How many times has LA failed with one team? Now 3 want to go? Lol
Theres nowhere for the Rams to go. They would have to stay in the west. Texas would be a good spot, but no city here will want them, or if so, have the resources to facilitate such a challenge. Oklahoma would be good, but, same obstacles.
Since Oakland has already moved back and forth and nobody cares about the Rams, let SD move and eveybody else just shut up and play.
Id make a great commish, right? 😎

TheNorm

You know, fans of most NFL teams get to see their teams eventually compete and maybe perhaps even win a Super Bowl or two. As a Lions fan, I envy that because the Lions organization tends to squeeze the love and passion out of fans and players alike - especially some of the most talented players to ever play the game.

And now it's beginning to look like I'll get to witness that again...seeing this cross the news wire today gave me the same feeling I had back in 1999 when Barry Sanders unexpectedly quit: oh no.  :-\

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14515724/calvin-johnson-detroit-lions-says-evaluating-future
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Ehh, you know Im in Houston right? Collectively, the most agonizing sports town, ever. Yea, I know, the Cubs, but, they had the Hawks and Bulls. The Lions, of course, but, The Pistons and Wings for Christmas sakes.
Oilers, and now, Texans? I think you me and the Cubs will just have to accept the fact it aint happening lol
Sorry to see CJ go, and that whole Barry Sanders thing is just mind blowing to me. How can you not build a team with that guy?

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 07, 2016, 12:33:39 AM
Ehh, you know Im in Houston right? Collectively, the most agonizing sports town, ever. Yea, I know, the Cubs, but, they had the Hawks and Bulls. The Lions, of course, but, The Pistons and Wings for Christmas sakes.
Oilers, and now, Texans? I think you me and the Cubs will just have to accept the fact it aint happening lol
Sorry to see CJ go, and that whole Barry Sanders thing is just mind blowing to me. How can you not build a team with that guy?

Might save most agonizing sports town for another debate, but I'll also add that I think Cleveland may have us both beat.
And speaking of Cleveland, I just think the Lions have a penchant for matching the Browns in sheer ineptitude. Lions usually missed more often than not on draft targets, and on the ones they did hit they'd usually follow that up by not paying up for them and letting them escape as free agents (Chris Spielman, Jerry Ball, etc). Even Barry held out a few times IIRC, but the organization had no problems opening up the purse strings for Scott f'ing Mitchell of all people.

Crewe

I think you may be right, I might have to concede Cleveland. But only the Rockets keep us out of that conversation, unless we count teams prior to NFL in which case I think the Lions have us beat, right? Lol
Didnt Millen take a WR in the first round several years in a row? That was painful.
As for the Browns, I truly had hopes for them when they drafted McCoy because I thought, and still do think, that he can be aserviceable successful QB. Rob Ryan, overvalued as he is, had the defense playing well and they had an offensive weapon or two, but, down the drain they went per the norm, no offense. ;-)

TheNorm

That he did, for the most part. After picking Joey Harrington in 2002, he went Charles Rogers in 2003, Roy Williams in 2004, and then for some stupid reason Mike Williams in 2005 (passing up some guys like DeMarcus Ware, Shawn Merriman, Derrick Johnson...and the Lions didn't exactly have a franchise QB then either so they also passed on some guy named Aaron Rodgers). Probably the only one Matt Millen didn't screw up on was Calvin Johnson in 2007-thankfully the Raiders picked JaMarcus Russell in the 1 spot.

And speaking of the Texans...aren't they in the playoffs? Lol

I personally don't feel too bad for Cleveland simply for the fact that it still is ohio so...  :D

Crewe

What an awful era.
Yea, Texans are in, and honestly, it is impressive when you consider it was done with four QB's, of which, only Hoyer is average. And let me say this...we knew...the Texans knew Fitz wasnt the guy, but, if you werent going to play your rookie, why get rid of Fitz for Hoyer who clearly usnt the guy? I mean yea, playoffs and all, but hello, no QB. So you wont get far, and now, youve wasted 2 years of progressing your young talent for band aids.
I just dont get it.....
I will add that our rook, Savage did get hurt eventually, but that wasnt until well after the circus.

Cleveland....there was a russian comedian in the 80's who played on his coming to america culture shock.
He said he noticed everyone in the US made fun of cleveland. Tevery country makes fun of that one city...in soviet union, we made fun of cleveland.

😎

Crewe

So Hoyer, yea, nicely done in true Houston fashion lol
I was thinking we might have a chance at escaping with a win, but, not to be. Despite a horrid first half, and even 3rd quarter, we were only down 13 and 7 was from the opening kickoff so the defense did their job despite what the score says.
This is precisely why I hate these mediocre team playoff runs. No chance at going deep into the tournament. You have a band aid at QB...you know hes not your long term guy. You put our rook on IR despite him being healthy in week 8 and now, here you sit about 22nd in the first round with Rick the dick Smith drafting for you. This is now at least tjree seasons wasted of drafting and grooming a QB. But hey, congrats on making the playoffs.

As for the cincy pitt game...wow! Lol
Ill start with the announcing. Simms and Nancy are the worst behind only Joe Buck.
Big Ben sacked by Burfict, probably the cleanest hit in this game but they have to sensationalize because you know, his history. And can we please drop the referee input from carey, et al.... We know, you are going to suck the leagues ass and dictate what the announcers need to say. Honestly, just no integrity, anywhere.
The hit on AB....heres my problem. Consistency!! Or lack of it. There was a play not five or so minutes before that where cincy got robbed of a hit on bernard, and of course, the nfl team never once mentioned the ubiquitos football move. Simply because it didnt fit the narrative this time.
Horrible officiating. Zero consistency, zero control, utter chaos and the fans didnt help.
Cheering an injured guy is bad enough but throwing debris?
The whole pacman debacle....so many issues. The refs are right there!! Porter is amidst the Bengals, probably not being kind would be a safe assumption, letting this situation build and jones barely brushes Porter, and they flag that? To win the game? Utterly dispucable. Yea, he was wrong. Yes hes a hot headed tool who even Jerry Jones had sense enough to cur, but for the refs to decide that game like that, specially when letting so mucj other shit go? Unbelievable.
Cant wait to hear the polished pr bullshit on this one.
I seriously want the NFL to implode, seriously.

I felt bad for McCarron but not for the rest of the team.

Crewe

TheNorm

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 07, 2016, 11:28:07 PM

Cleveland....there was a russian comedian in the 80's who played on his coming to america culture shock.
He said he noticed everyone in the US made fun of cleveland. Tevery country makes fun of that one city...in soviet union, we made fun of cleveland.

😎

Heh, Yakov Smirnoff! That dude used to crack me up on a regular basis.

Probably the only bad thing about the end of that Steelers/Bengals finish is that just about everyone forgot about the circus catch Bryant made in the third.

As for Green Bay and the Washington team with the shitty name? As a matter of fact, Kirk Cousins, I do like that. Did you? Hahahahahaha f*ck Washington.

thaima1shu

I feel bad for Blair Walsh, but at the same time...thanks dude!