News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Enlisted

Started by BojackHorsefella, April 19, 2021, 08:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Haven't tried this one out yet, but downloaded it on the PS5. It has a free cross-play beta going on right now, specifically for PC, PS5 and Series S.

It's a WWII FPS type game, but with an RTS component: you don't control on hero soldier single-handedly winning battles, but instead multiple squads that you can switch between each individual soldier. This includes having a squad of grunts, or a sniper squad, a tank squad, and even air squads eventually (it seems like unlocking the different types of squads is one of the progression systems). Multiplayer combat is a mix of PvE and PvP, as I think it's 5 v 5, but the battlefield contains 100s of AI controlled soldiers (that, again, you can swap between).

Pretty neat concept for a game, excited to try it out. Watched a gameplay video to get an idea of it and seems like it's at least worth the look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuOmzkfupRw

Crewe

So this is all online gameplay?

BojackHorsefella

I think there MIGHT be an offline component, but Im not sure. I think the beta is focused on the multiplayer, thus the cross-play component.

Crewe

Im afraid Im being squeezed out of gaming because everyone is going online only, eventually