News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Scene it

Started by Crewe, January 05, 2020, 07:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

West Wing is one of my all-time favorite shows. Think I'll go with this one today, for Election Day.

https://youtu.be/vDNmB72Bg0Y
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

lol I forgot all about that scene.
True to life. Scary

Crewe

Ive posted PTA before but since T-day is barely beyond us, I wanted to give this one some recognition.
I absolutely love Edie McGlurg here and pretty much in any project in which I find her.
Steve Martin is money as always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWRxPDhd3d0

Crewe

I was belting out this tune yesterday for no reason as I often do and told myself it needs a mention here.
Again, one of the films I watched multiple times at the theatre and not to mention this was a staple in the heyday of cable.
Stripes is such a fun romp with Murray, Ramis and Candy. This tune has been in my head ever since.

TheNorm

Apparently it's Michael Mann's birthday. I vaguely remember him as the guy behind the Miami Vice tv series that I watched growing up, but Heat was where he really registered for me. It's been a really really long time since I've seen this movie, and I know there was way more to the film than just a setup for one of the best shootout scenes ever...but damn this is good. This film was also the first time you'd have Al Pacino and Robert De Niro in the same scene together, and this movie is also one of the inspirations for the GTA series...and if you've played GTA V some of this may feel similar. :)

https://youtu.be/QQNBg6I29gI
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

that is such a fantastic movie, not to mention the scene itself.

the sound design here is pure art and the actors were all top notch. I thought Pacino was so money in this scene. And following him throughout was terrific directing.
If I had one tiny thing to complain about, it would be the ubiquitous uniformed officer being picked off.