UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2023 Season

Started by rollntider, June 17, 2023, 01:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Week 0 this week... you folks ready?

TheNorm

Yep, gonna try to enjoy this one. Last of an era.

And yes, count me as one of the ones that understands realignment was going to happen but I'm really not looking forward to it.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on August 26, 2023, 10:52:18 AM
Yep, gonna try to enjoy this one. Last of an era.

And yes, count me as one of the ones that understands realignment was going to happen but I'm really not looking forward to it.

Agreed, not a fan of re alignment. Expected it. I think the conferences will contract in the future due to money not being as much in the future.

TheNorm

*psst*

It was never about the signs. Michigan is just a better football team and has proven as much.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

How the CFP should play out:

Michigan
Washington
Florida State
Texas

Sorry not sorry, results should matter. Three of these teams went undefeated, all four of these teams won their conference championship. And Texas beat the conference champion I'm leaving out in their own house. Cope.

TheNorm

Lol, SEC must've opened those wallets to get Florida State locked out.

All that to watch Bama get curb stomped by Michigan on New Year's Day. I said what I said, cope.

The SEC doesn't belong in the CFP.

rollntider

We will disagree.
What hurt the ACC this year was a weak ACC.

FSU spent part of the season campaigning the Big 10 or SEC to take them from that tissue paper conference.
Pac 12 had 2 teams that were good. Oregon Washington
Big 10 Had OSU and Mich
SEC had Bama, UGA and Ole Miss

ACC had FSU and no one else.

We bitch all the time the SEC doesnt play anyone
Bama plays a Playoff conetnder in texas and loses and they should be punished.
IF Bama had played North Alabama instead of FSU playing them Bama would have been the #1 seed. so we want to punish teams for playing good teams?

Bama had the #5 Strength of schedule
FSU #55

Bama's best win was #6 UGA #11 Ole miss #14 LSU and lost to #3 Texas
FSU Beat #14 LSU and beat #15 Louisville (who lost to Kentucky the week before)

But Bama beat 6-6 Auburn by 3, and FSU beat 6-6 BC by 2.
But Bama was tied at the half with USF and FSU was down by 13 to North Alabama in the 2nd

Liberty is 13-0 and no one wants them in the playoffs because they played no one.  So the moral of the story is doesnt matter you play tougher teams all that matters is you go undefeated against weak teams.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/08/16/florida-state-acc-exit-watch-2024-deadline-passing

ACC voted against expansion and delayed it a year
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/inside-the-accs-rejection-of-college-football-playoff-expansion-amid-concerns-about-larger-issues/

Bama gets curbed stomped? Well lets see if it happens. We might lose, this isnt a typical Bama team, but I picked Georgia last week and was shocked at what I saw.

Michigan is favored by 2 for a reason, maybe Harbaugh can get Saban's signals or maybe Saban changes them in time.

Crewe, I am pulling for UT for a rematch. I like Bama's chances.

rollntider

Quote from: rollntider on December 09, 2023, 02:50:21 AM
We will disagree.
What hurt the ACC this year was a weak ACC.

FSU spent part of the season campaigning the Big 10 or SEC to take them from that tissue paper conference.
Pac 12 had 2 teams that were good. Oregon Washington
Big 10 Had OSU and Mich
SEC had Bama, UGA and Ole Miss

ACC had FSU and no one else.

We bitch all the time the SEC doesnt play anyone
Bama plays a Playoff conetnder in texas and loses and they should be punished.
IF Bama had played North Alabama instead of FSU playing them Bama would have been the #1 seed. so we want to punish teams for playing good teams?

Bama had the #5 Strength of schedule
FSU #55

Bama's best win was #6 UGA #11 Ole miss #14 LSU and lost to #3 Texas
FSU Beat #14 LSU and beat #15 Louisville (who lost to Kentucky the week before)

But Bama beat 6-6 Auburn by 3, and FSU beat 6-6 BC by 2.
But Bama was tied at the half with USF and FSU was down by 13 to North Alabama in the 2nd

Liberty is 13-0 and no one wants them in the playoffs because they played no one.  So the moral of the story is doesnt matter you play tougher teams all that matters is you go undefeated against weak teams.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/08/16/florida-state-acc-exit-watch-2024-deadline-passing

ACC voted against expansion and delayed it a year
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/inside-the-accs-rejection-of-college-football-playoff-expansion-amid-concerns-about-larger-issues/

Bama gets curbed stomped? Well lets see if it happens. We might lose, this isnt a typical Bama team, but I picked Georgia last week and was shocked at what I saw.

Michigan is favored by 2 for a reason, maybe Harbaugh can get Saban's signals or maybe Saban changes them in time.

Crewe, I am pulling for UT for a rematch. I like Bama's chances.

Congrats man, Michigan out played us. I will change my avatar even though we didnt do a bet. Hail to the victors.