The 30 Days of Music Challenge

Started by TheNorm, January 03, 2018, 09:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Day 26
A song with a political message

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qmCuwDYidw

Megadeth Peace Sells

Almost went with Nuclear Assault critical mass.

Day 27
A song about recklessness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94ViiJEWGcc
Metallica Whiplash

Crewe

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 29, 2018, 05:43:15 PM
nice.
Ill go with Johnny Cash, A Boy Name Sue

Hahaha this was one of the songs I thought for sure was going to be used for telling a story!
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

TheNorm

Day 28
A song that makes you sentimental

Blue jean baby, L.A. lady
Seamstress for the band...

Elton John - Tiny Dancer

On a side note, I can't believe he's retiring after this upcoming one last tour. Glad I was able to snag tickets to this in October.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 30, 2018, 02:51:16 PM
Day 28
A song that makes you sentimental

Blue jean baby, L.A. lady
Seamstress for the band...

Elton John - Tiny Dancer

On a side note, I can't believe he's retiring after this upcoming one last tour. Glad I was able to snag tickets to this in October.

Leather and Lace, Stevie Nicks and Don Henley

TheNorm

TheNorm

Day 29
A joyful song

This is open to interpretation, so I'm going with this one.

Stevie Wonder - Faith (feat. Ariana Grande)

Crewe

Crewe

a joyful song?
im going off book for this but, Katrina and the Waves, Walking on Sunshine

TheNorm

Day 30 (A little early but whatever...I work the next two days and I'm not getting home until late so...)
A song about leaving

Once again, this is kind of open to interpretation. I thought about going the cheesy pop route (Separate Ways by Journey, Bye Bye Bye by N'Sync? Still a great tune, I don't care what anyone says  :D), but this one's been in my heavy rotation playlist of late. Why is a complicated story but whatever...  8)
I also love hearing the backstory behind this song and pretty much the entire album.

Fleetwood Mac - Dreams

...and also, thanks to all of you for playing along! I'm sure some of these are going to pop up in their own threads down the road and I'm totally cool with that. Was really hard limiting some of them to one song.

Crewe

First one that came to mind, Jet Airliner by Steve Miller Band.
This has been fun, I like hearing others' suggestions

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 31, 2018, 11:42:56 PM
Day 30 (A little early but whatever...I work the next two days and I'm not getting home until late so...)
A song about leaving

Once again, this is kind of open to interpretation. I thought about going the cheesy pop route (Separate Ways by Journey, Bye Bye Bye by N'Sync? Still a great tune, I don't care what anyone says  :D), but this one's been in my heavy rotation playlist of late. Why is a complicated story but whatever...  8)
I also love hearing the backstory behind this song and pretty much the entire album.

Fleetwood Mac - Dreams

...and also, thanks to all of you for playing along! I'm sure some of these are going to pop up in their own threads down the road and I'm totally cool with that. Was really hard limiting some of them to one song.

Btw solid selection there 😎

rollntider

rollntider

Day 29
A joyful song

This reminds me of my daughter and we goof around with this one (it used to be her fave when she was little and we bust out singing when it comes on now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1fzJ_AYajA

Len - Steal my Sunshine