News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The 30 Days of Music Challenge

Started by TheNorm, January 03, 2018, 09:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Songs to drive along to will be a thread for another day.  ;)

Day 17
A song from a genre you don't usually like

My dislike for country is pretty strong, so I'll keep it simple. I can't place why, but I really enjoy watching this video too...might need to watch it a couple more times. Bonus points if you can figure out what 90s blockbuster this was on a soundtrack for. 

Shania Twain - No One Needs to Know

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

norm, Imma follow you into the county realm with this Mary Chapin Carpenter song, Shut Up and Kiss Me.
Not completely without bias since that is my cousin they brought in on the guitar solo  :D

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 20, 2018, 12:14:08 AM
norm, Imma follow you into the county realm with this Mary Chapin Carpenter song, Shut Up and Kiss Me.
Not completely without bias since that is my cousin they brought in on the guitar solo :D

Really? That's pretty damn cool man.  :woot:
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Day 18
A song that reminds you of your mortality

I went back and forth between this one and Johnny Cash's version of "We'll Meet Again".

Otis Redding - Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay

BojackHorsefella

Alright, I'm a bit behind, so:

Day 16 - Marilyn Manson - Last Day On Earth (Live, Acoustic Version)

Day 17- Lyle Lovett - If I Had A Boat

Day 18- Nine Inch Nails - The Day The Whole World Went Away

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 20, 2018, 01:17:25 PM
Quote from: Crewe on January 20, 2018, 12:14:08 AM
Not completely without bias since that is my cousin they brought in on the guitar solo :D

Really? That's pretty damn cool man.  :woot:

yea, he's known as a country artist, but he's seriously blues live with that slide

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 20, 2018, 01:28:08 PM
Day 18

I went back and forth between this one and Johnny Cash's version of "We'll Meet Again".

Otis Redding - Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay

both good choices there.
this ones easy for me. Time by Pink Floyd

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on January 20, 2018, 02:49:45 PM
Alright, I'm a bit behind, so:

Day 16 - Marilyn Manson - Last Day On Earth (Live, Acoustic Version)

Day 17- Lyle Lovett - If I Had A Boat

Day 18- Nine Inch Nails - The Day The Whole World Went Away

that surprises me

BojackHorsefella

I don't like country music, which that KIND OF is. It's the closest thing I can get.

I'm not a huge rap fan, but I listen to enough rap that I can't claim to dislike the genre.

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on January 19, 2018, 10:08:19 PM

Day 17
A song from a genre you don't usually like

My dislike for country is pretty strong, so I'll keep it simple.

Same here.... I do like this goofy song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgAdpMifIfw

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on January 20, 2018, 01:28:08 PM
Day 18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zreiZAM7TSQ

Led Zepplin, Of course, in the most obvious song ......"In my time of dying"

Crewe

TheNorm

Day 19
A song about a person

I'm not going to go with a hard and fast rule that the person's name has to be in the song; you can usually tell in the lyrics of a song that someone else served as a muse for the songwriter. Such is the case with the one I chose, which also reminds me of my last ex...not really a good thing. LOL  :o

Ed Sheeran - Don't

BojackHorsefella

Foo Fighters - Friend of a Friend

Crewe

lol dang norm

Im going with Lola  :o