Main Menu

30 Days of Video Games Thread

Started by BojackHorsefella, April 17, 2018, 12:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on May 05, 2018, 01:06:49 PM
Quote from: Crewe on May 05, 2018, 12:50:59 PM
lol nope! Just trying to participate.

For multiplayer, Ill say Burnout paradise. Had a blast, especially with the BSB crewe, good times.

Remember when we had an NHL league on PS3 with everybody? Zooboy and his Flames and freaking...was it Khabibulin?

lol Yes!
Taht was around the time I tried the audio feature too

TheNorm

Day 19
Best Multiplayer Game (online or local)

Battlefield 3...had some great battles and runs with some of the people here.
But damn we had some awesome leagues here too: NHL like Buc mentioned, some great NCAA leagues including TUFFc.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Day 20 - Favorite Controller

This will either be interesting or we'll all have the same answer.  Btw, disappointed in Nut and Tider for choosing the same as Crewe for the last one. Plenty of multiplayer games to fall back on. Today's is more limited.

As much as I want to be contrarian and go with the N64 controller, I have to be honest and go with the Dualshock 3. Wireless, no dumb share button or touch pad like the 4, and easily the most comfortable.

TheNorm

Day 20
Favorite Controller

the Dualshock 4...not sure why but the weight of the controller makes a difference to me. The speaker on the controller is surprisingly crisp, and I like how certain games have used it as a radio comm of sorts.

...and I can't really fault those guys for picking Burnout's online, that was some fun stuff. If I'd have gotten a bit more into the online portion of that game the first time around I might've leaned that way too.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

favorite controller?
I really don't recall having an issue with any of them except the Xbox controller.
The PS4 controller is fine for me,I like it and like norm said the speaker is kind of a neat feature. if there was one thing Id try to fix it would be the ends that rest in your palms are slick and if you sweat at times like me, it can be a pain in the butt.

* Edit - I just googled a few to refresh my memory and after looking back I can honestly say that yes, PS4 is my favorite controller.
The PS3 was good, but the 4 is just feels more substantial to me.

rollntider

I will say the 360 controller. I use it to play on steam. I do love the ps3 and ps4 controllers and I do like the Xbox one. all 4 are interchangeable. I could also say the SNES controller because that was my favorite for a long time. Out of all the controllers out there the only one I can recall hating was the n64.

Burnout paradise was a fun game. I could have went with starcraft also.

cflnut

Quote from: Bucfever on May 06, 2018, 07:42:50 PM
Btw, disappointed in Nut and Tider for choosing the same as Crewe for the last one. Plenty of multiplayer games to fall back on. Today's is more limited.

Unless it's an MMO like Star Trek or the Elder Scrolls I rarely do multiplayer any more. And since I solo play MMO's, I don't consider them to be multiplayer.

Gotta agree with other's the PS4 is my favorite. I think that all the PlayStation controllers have been very well designed and with each generation Sony has made slight improvements to the controller to make it just that little bit better.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

BojackHorsefella

Day 21 - Favorite Videogame Weapon

Maybe you just think it was cool to use Bond's famous PPK. Maybe you're still reliving the days of ruining everyone's day with Halo's energy sword. Either way, what weapon did you enjoy most in a game?

For me, easily one of the coolest guns in a game was Perfect Dark's Farsight. It was able to see and lock onto heat signatures through walls, but in order to use it you lost all peripheral vision, so it was always a trade-off of defense to have a perfect offense. It was a great way to make a powerful gun and then find a simple way to make the choice of using that power difficult.

Crewe

Silly and simple but Im going with the M-1 Garand. Just love the old school long gun

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on May 07, 2018, 02:01:52 PM
Silly and simple but Im going with the M-1 Garand. Just love the old school long gun

Big Red One! Such a good game.

cflnut

Day 21 - Favorite Videogame Weapon.

The Mini-Nuke from Fallout 4. Cause Nothing says FU like a portable, shoulder mounted, Nuclear weapon.

It's also great for crowd control.  :D

BojackHorsefella

Day 22 - A Game From a Genre (Or Sport) You Don't Normally Play

What's a game from a genre or a sport you don't normally play that you'd care to hype up or remember here?

For me, Fight Night Round 3 was the pinnacle of this. When that game came out, I was working at Circuit City. We'd just set up a second Xbox 360 display in the TV department and my manager, rather than buy his own, would buy 360 games and then a couple of us would stay after we closed and play. Gears of War, naturally, was a big one.

But Fight Night Round 3 kept us all coming back. There were about 4 or 5 of us (and one night we had our buddy Jimmie, who worked at Radioshack, come and play too). The fighting felt completely realistic and the matches were so close. It's kind of amazing, much like real boxing, that we didn't start betting on the matches.

Granted, somewhat unfortunately, one of the guys switched from analog controls to button controls and would use Marvin Hagler, so he had so much speed he became pretty much unstoppable and the rest of us were too stubborn to switch (we wanted to play the "pure" way). That being said, I came closest to beating him with Jake LaMotta, who was my go-to on that game.

So much fun. Never actually bought or played another Fight Night (well, I lie, I did have it on my PSP, but I played that damn thing like....maybe twice?)

cflnut

Day 22 - A Game From a Genre (Or Sport) You Don't Normally Play

I'm going all the way back to the Saga Genesis for this one and say NHL '95.

Weather it was solo league play or or a multi-player with my bud's, this game was a blast.

The best memory I have of this game was in league play with the Oilers, leading them to a perfect season, dominating the playoffs, and losing game seven of the Stanley Cup Finals 1-0 on a last second goal. It's a good thing controllers were only $5 back then cause the one I had ended up all over the room.

Also a friend and I would go head to head all the time. we'd play with penalties turned off, 20 minute periods, sudden death overtime, and NO goalies. We'd do this just to see how high we could get the combined score. I think a combined total of almost 200 points was the highest we got.

I've tried a couple of NHL games since then but they just haven't had the same feel, or fun factor.

Crewe

I remember Fight Night although I don't think I went as high as the 3rd version.
Something I don't normally play?
Jet Moto 2 is one that we used to play in vs mode that was an abundance of fun, but it wouldn't have appealed to me otherwise.
I think that was for the PSOne IIRC

rollntider

Flak cannon from Unreal tournament

and  fifa 2006 I enjoyed