News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Fallout 4

Started by cflnut, June 03, 2015, 10:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cflnut

Looking forward to this one.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

Sakura

Everybody keeps talking about it, but I don't know what to say about it.  I've always liked the Fallout franchise cause of its Mad Max world vibe, but the Bethesda games have always been a bit hit or miss with me.  Fallout 3 had so many issues, from stability to game breaking bugs, to that stupid live or die sacrifice story motif.  New Vegas on the other hand was pretty solid gameplay wise, but the story about seeking revenge and your stolen goods seemed kind of a whiff.

I guess they had to set the game up somewhere, but what's wrong with the idea of simply starting the game out as a wanderer who maybe discovers some quests along the way that they could set as their main story.  Like make 10 "major" quests in the game that the player can stumble upon, and each time they do and haven't done one yet, ask them if they want to make that their main story quest.  If they do, then turn off the other 9 major quests.

Imagine the possibilities, heck, other players could even write their own major story quests using the creation kit on PC.  I think I'd like that instead.  Still, it might be interesting to see where Fallout 4 takes us.

rollntider

My son loved 3 and vegas and already telling me he wants 4

cflnut

rollntider

My daughter is asking for it now LOL

rollntider

Preorder bonuses

http://gamerant.com/fallout-4-pre-order-deals/

QuoteGold Edition: $84.99 + Socks + Season Pass
Includes a small $5 discount to the total retail price. Also for PS4.
Microsoft Store: $59.99 + $10 Gift Card + Free Release Day Delivery
Release delivery requires pre-order by 11/6 at 10am PST
Dell Home: $59.99 + $25 eGift Card
Requires My Dell Advantage membership (auto adds at checkout)
Best Buy: $59.99 + $10 My Best Buy Rewards bonus
Or discount to $47.99, requiring Gamers Club Unlocked membership
Amazon: $59.99
Or discount to $49.99 requiring Prime Membership
GameStop is $59.99
Free Fallout 3 for Xbox One, free Fallout 4 Poster for both platform

for PC
QuoteGreen Man Gaming: $48 (20% off)
Use coupon: SAVE20-NOVEMB-GAMING
GMG Season Pass: $24 (20% off)
Same coupon: SAVE20-NOVEMB-GAMING
DLGamer: $50.99 (15% off)
No coupon needed at this site.
Steam Store: $59.99 (full price)
No discount, but pre-order bonus is Dota 2 announcer pack.
GamesPlanet: £35.19 (or $53.67 USD, ~10% off)
No coupon needed. Bonus offer is 80% off Skyrim Legendary.
FunStock Digital: £29.24 (or $45 USD, 25% off)
Use coupon: OCT-COUPMAIL-PRE25

cflnut

Those bonuses are kind of dull.

rollntider

or a whole bunch of dull :)

cflnut

http://kotaku.com/fallout-4-review-embargo-gets-embargo-1740855250?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

QuoteFallout 4, like most major video games, has a review embargo. Unlike most major video games, however, Fallout 4 has an embargo for its review embargo.

A "review embargo" is shorthand for the day and time that critics with publisher-provided early copies of a game can publish their reviews. This is a common practice, and in many ways it's a good one: By setting an embargo, a publisher prevents outlets from racing to see who can publish the first review at expense of thoroughness. We at Kotaku are not against review embargoes—unless they're set after a game has already come out.

But this is the first time we've seen an embargo on a review embargo. Here, obtained by Kotaku, is an e-mail Bethesda sent out to press (not including Kotaku) today.

We hope you're having fun exploring the Wasteland in Fallout 4. We know your followers are eager to hear more about the game. If you'd like to reveal when your review or launch coverage will run, you can share beginning this Friday, November 6 at 10 a.m. PST.

Please keep in mind that the embargo below is still in place.

All review coverage is under embargo until Monday, November 9 at 8 a.m. EST.

This embargo also includes streaming gameplay footage or posting impressions from your experience on social media, etc.

We do ask that you avoid including story spoilers in your review coverage.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

The Bethesda PR team
So on Friday, at 10am PT, the embargo will be up for embargoed reviewers saying they're embargoed until Monday at 8am ET. Anyone else feel like they've just walked into a Dr. Seuss novel?

rollntider

I pre ordered for both of my kiddos. 2 copies ...UGH

cflnut

The graphical improvement over the previous games is amazing. Thing actually look real and not cartoonish.

Yes I am playing as a girl. I have done every other Fallout game as a girl so why stop now. I also think I'm using the same character name and general look as in the previous games in the series.

cflnut

After playing this for the last couple of days I can say that it's well worth it. The environment is vast, and seems to be larger then either FO3 or FONV. The graphic are crisp, clean and brighter then the previous games.

I haven't really done to much of the story. Been mostly wondering around just checking out the world, and doing some of the minor quests. The enemies are smarter and don't stand around and let you kill them. They actually think a bit, move around, and will take cover. Also enemies that are a much higher level then you will have a skull next to their name. There are also "Legendary" enemies, which will drop rare equipment or weapons.

cflnut

Infinite S.P.E.C.I.A.L point glitch.

I'm normally not one for using glitches as I find most of them to be game breaking. This one however I don't see it doing that. I've maxed out all my SPECIAL stats and find the game the game is still the same. The only big difference is that I have max carrying capacity, and get max EXP with everything I do.

Crewe

What is the game with using the box as cover? I think its Metal Gear? Saw a clip with the box on a bridge outside a compound, obviously out of place but no guard reacts lol
Yea, ill bypass those type of games

Crewe

still happy with this purchase?