Main Menu

Video game rant

Started by rollntider, February 09, 2016, 12:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

This dude cracks me up at time... he has some good videos
You may agree or disagree NSFW

Crewe

You can apply this to any area of life. It truly is mesmerizing what people will accept.

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on February 09, 2016, 09:46:11 AM
You can apply this to any area of life. It truly is mesmerizing what people will accept.

you are correct sir.

Sakura

I don't disagree with most of his points, but I do feel that he's being a bit unfair to season pass.  Season pass is not always all that bad.  If you want to pick and choose your DLC then go for it, but I do know that had I bought the DLC for Dark Souls 2 separately it would have cost me $45, but because I bought the season pass it only cost me $30.  I plan to buy the digital deluxe version of Dark Souls 3 which contains the season pass for a little less than $30 more (because if you own previous souls games you get a nearly 10% discount for it as a pre-order bonus).

But yeah, when it comes to Electronic Ass and Craptivision, I don't buy their games.  So I guess I've not been burned in the same way.  And I don't have a commentary on sports games because I don't buy them, but I do know what he means about repackaging the same game with slight differences.  And the lego thing completely mystifies me, because Lego games are not cheap like they should be considering how many friggin versions of the same games exist (STAR WARS THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY, STAR WARS THE PREQUEL TRILOGY, STAR WARS SAGA COMPLETE; they didn't change the price on the first two despite the third containing the content of both at the same price).  Then there's the Harry Potter ones, and the real kick in the ass is that they split up content to intentionally (pardon my use of the word) jew you out of your money.  Lego the Hobbit is JUST THE FIRST MOVIE.  You have to buy DLC for any content related to the second movie, and there's no content for the third movie despite being promised...

I wanted to buy Lego Worlds cause I was excited about the idea of a sandbox game where you can build block-based vehicles that you can drive and walk around on (compared to Minecraft's vehicle system which requires it being a non-collide-able phys prop), only to find out that it's not multiplayer and that said vehicles don't exist and might never exist in the game, the shown vehicles so far are just prefabs.