UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Recipe thread

Started by Crewe, October 22, 2017, 05:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

That recipe looks really good.

Crewe

I like it and its really simple, and easy to tweak to your liking. You could use sirloin steak cut into strips if you prefer, but this method is easier and cheaper and honestly I can't tell much difference.

TheNorm

What tider said, and that story was equal parts hilarious and also something I feel all too familiar with lol
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

lol I thought some might be able to relate to that kind of day  8)

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on October 27, 2017, 01:38:02 AM
My son brought his room mate home from school today. I made this for them. OMG this stuff is tasty
use a full stick of butter instead of a half.
https://youtu.be/pBUKTLcCiMc?t=1m17s
he uses brown gravy instead of Au Jus, I always used Au Jus mix.
Optional:
Brown gravy mix if Au Jus not available.
Onion Mix instead of Au Jus.  I love Au Jus the best.
You can add a can of cream of mushroom in it for a thicker gravy.

I will try the buffalo chicken, I am crock pot cooker on game days. My son lives for football saturdays because i crockpot something and usually BBQ some ribs or a pork butt.

Oh yeah awesome thread.

Tried this one...simple and good. Next time I'll try this version..
https://gfycat.com/hilariousfaithfulkingfisher

Crewe

tried this too..
http://tiphero.com/velvety-baked-mac-cheese/

Im not a huge Mac n cheese guy. not that I don't like it, I do, just not something thats on my radar.
That said, I didn't see a huge difference. Buy the box stuff, add the spices and bread crumbs and you get this recipe.
I dunno, try it and tell me what you think.

Crewe

this one was a failure for me.
http://www.mobkitchen.co.uk/bs-test/2017/11/20/chicken-parm-supreme

I feel like it used too much water. I understand using the tomato puree but it was just far to tomato-y for me. If I tried this again, I think Id use my own sauce/marinara blend.
I really botched the chicken too, I guess I had the skillet too hot as the chicken didn't really brown but but more or less burned the bread crumbs which didn't adhere in the pan. Still edible and ok, but overall Id try it a different way next time.

Crewe

Tried this taco soup today.
Ingredients
1½ pounds ground beef
½ onion, chopped
28 oz can diced tomatoes (undrained)
15 oz can corn (undrained)
8 oz can tomato sauce
1 small can black or kidney beans (optional)
1 cup water
1 envelope taco season
salt/pepper
Instructions
Brown ground beef in a large skillet until crumbly.
Add chopped onion, sautee until softened.
In a large pot or crock pot add remaining ingredients.
Cook in pot until boiling. In a crockpot cook on high for 1 hour and on low for 4 hours.
Serve topped with tortilla chips and grated cheese -
*Our favorite chips to use are Fritos original Corn Chips
You may also like to top with avocado or sour cream.

I used 1 lb beef (90/10)
Ranch style beans instead of kidney or black beans
Beef broth instead of water.
I threw it all in a cast iron to boil then into a crockpot on low. At that point, its essentially done. No need to throw it in on high for an hour and then low on four. Just let it simmer for as long as you want to meld everything together. Its always going to be better the next day anyway.
A gumdrop of Velveeta with Fritos was a great capper.

Original recipe here but it is a mobile cancer site.
https://simpleasthatblog.com/2015/02/quick-and-easy-taco-soup-recipe.html

Crewe

rollntider

rollntider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsD_-JOidPQ

I do these on occasion and they are good. I will be firing up the grill in 2 weeks :)

Crewe

I dont put too much stock in the "fall off the bone" gimmick, this does look good though. I probably wouldn't go that long for PP sandwiches but still good stuff.
He sure seemed to sauce em a lot. You use that much?

TheNorm

Firing up the grill in two weeks, eh?
*looks outside, sees snow covering ground as far as eyes can see*
Sigh...
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on February 13, 2018, 08:07:28 PM
Firing up the grill in two weeks, eh?
*looks outside, sees snow covering ground as far as eyes can see*
Sigh...

lol it's been in the 50's here the last few days and I was just bitching yesterday, damn ill be so glad when our long exhausting winter will be over.
Which, winter here is about from December to March

Crewe

So tiders summer reference made me realize I hadn't made chili all winter. We skipped our cook off this year so I guess it was out of my mind.
I made the bowl o red Texas chili version using dried anchos, guajillo, chipotle, pasilla and chilis de arbol.
That, coupled with 4 lbs of chuck steak, yea, I feasted.
I've never really been able to settle on one recipe when using just dried peppers and meat because there's so many options, such as number and types of peppers available. Now my regular chili with ground chuck, spices and peppers, that one is in the books 😎
Was a good weekend, now to get my ass to the gym Monday, yuck.
I blame tider....