News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Life Thread

Started by BojackHorsefella, May 14, 2018, 07:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Awesome. Congrats dude!

BojackHorsefella

Merry Christmas, everybody. Hope you're all warm, cozy and happy.

Crewe

85 degrees here lol Warm Xmas, but yep al good and same well wishes dude

Crewe

I was watching a limited series on Ted Bundy. Cut to the end and there's news footage of college kids outside the prison, along with tons of others, but it was a pure celebration of his execution taking place that morning.
And I say celebration because that's what it was, a frat party. Drinking and partying. For me, now, watching that, I just thought it was rather, ghoulish, if you will.
I remember seeing the news of that when it happened because of course Bundy was a huge deal, and Im sure I was cavalier about it then too.
Nobody was talking about the victims, nobody was sharing their stories or feelings of the families. It was all about the biblical revenge. Selling FryDay tshirts and pins and all other sorts of crap. And I get it. hey, there was a time in my life not even too terribly long ago i wouldve volunteered to throw the switch myself.
He absolutely deserved it, but that scene, it was just weird to me.

rollntider

i am sorry Bojack, I could have sworn i said congrats.

Congrats man.

I am back to being single. Me and My girlfriend split, it hurts but it is for the best we are not compatible.  It was getting toxic.

I do love her and it hurts but I am moving on. Been split for a few months and now going out on dates. Shocked at how forward women are.

I had a woman try to get in bed on the second date... I am not here for hookups lol. Plus I was not that attracted after we met. I went on a second date out of obligation i guess.

Also I think I am being picky.... but I want to find the one.

TheNorm

Sorry it didn't work out for you Tider, but good luck in your search. Looks like you're off to a decent start from the sound of things.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 24, 2022, 09:58:47 PM
Sorry it didn't work out for you Tider, but good luck in your search. Looks like you're off to a decent start from the sound of things.

same

BojackHorsefella

So uh, things are a little unhinged lately, eh? How's everybody doing?

TheNorm

Not dead yet lol.
When I ordered my version of "Now This is What I Call the 80s, vol. 8675309" I didn't realize it was gonna come with a Cold War reboot. Sorry.

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on March 08, 2022, 01:10:44 PM
So uh, things are a little unhinged lately, eh? How's everybody doing?

Honestly, Ive checked out. Im tryin to evict everything negative in my life that I can and that includes social media, news and anything where comments are allowed.
Im old and while working on myself for a while, I am now working towards acceptance. To what you ask?
Everything. I just want to be at peace and ready. And whatever it is, I dont want it preceded by an exhibition of the self absorbed greedy uncultured uneducated rednecks that have run amok and ruined this world for the rest of us.

rollntider

Update on me, I met a nice nurse and we have been hitting it off. I bought a house and been spending months culling old shit, moving unpacking and doing repairs.  I started a new job in Jan to get back into being a programmer (software dev) So a lot of training and catching up. Life is doing better. Hope all is well with everyone else.

What is funny my last post is this thread is when I met this lady, and its been working out.

Rigg44

Still a hospital administrator in Kansas in the middle of a new hospital build.  Kids are grown and in college.  My wife and I are struggling to find each other in a post-child-centered world but we have a hard time losing at anything so we will find our way. My favorite football team has chosen the worst name in history to replace its previous. The Royals are back to sucking, the Celtics disappointed me and the penguins are meh.  I am mostly disconnected from the digital world except for my work accounts.  I check in to old haunts from time to time but there are no civilized discussions to be had in this world (digital) anymore everyone has chosen their jersey and we switch hitters are left to figure it out on our own. For the most part, doing well just trying to keep my head above water like everyone else. 

TheNorm

I'm impressed, this place may outlast Twitter.
Elon Musk is a twat.

rollntider

well we dont have much traffic anymore. I am keeping it alive hoping we get more people or an idea strikes that brings folks in.