News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Disco Elysium

Started by BojackHorsefella, April 06, 2021, 02:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/disco-elysium/

Has been out on PC for a few years, although I've never played it. Picked it up yesterday and played for about 2 hours or so. Easy to tell this is a LONG game (I'd imagine around total RDR2 playthrough time, if not longer, but I don't fully know yet).

You play as a detective with a serious alcohol problem in a dystopian city, as you navigate various social and political entities and environments as you attempt to catch a murderer (or murders? Maybe?) I'd been waiting for this to come out on PS4 since the console release was announced, and so far haven't been disappointed.

RDR2 was well-noted for just the amount of vocal work in the game, amongst the main cast and especially the extras/side characters, and Disco Elysium is no different ("Disco Elysium has added full voice acting and new quests in the Final Cut update. Fascinating detective RPG Disco Elysium today becomes bigger and fancier with its Final Cut, released as a free update. The Final Cut adds voice acting (one million spoken words, they claim"))

You have 4 different stats (Intelligence and Psychology, which I put all my points into, then Strength and I think....Motivation?), and with those stats comes extra skills that you upgrade with skill points earned via XP (Currently I have the Suggestion skill upgraded 2 points, so I get extra dialogue options with the potential to basically incept the people I'm talking to).

Like I said, not very far myself, but if you're looking for a single player game with a ton of detail, easy to learn and play (there's a lot going on but it never feels like a burden, and the UI is simple and intuitive) and that'll last you a bit, can't go wrong here.

BojackHorsefella

https://defector.com/disco-elysium-is-rewiring-my-broken-gamers-brain/

Single player games aren't dead, Crewe! Disco Elysium is here to save you!

Crewe

lol while i appreciate the effort to keep my gaming hopes alive, I think Id be better off reading a book that listening to one via a video game 😉

rollntider

i am gonna check that one out

BojackHorsefella

A buddy told me there's a rumor it'll be the PS Plus game in June, but that's not the most reliable thing obviously. I'm assuming Reddit was his source.