News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Official 2014 College Football Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 28, 2014, 09:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

Texas Tech doesnt count except when they beat Oklahoma.
I think Arkansas is better than their record and have a good future

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on December 10, 2014, 11:26:44 AM

Arky scares me next year. Will have a tough defense and a more than adequate offense.

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on December 11, 2014, 12:29:27 AM
Quote from: Crewe on December 10, 2014, 11:26:44 AM

Arky scares me next year. Will have a tough defense and a more than adequate offense.

On the negative, they still have Bret Bielema as coach so...
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

In probably one of the least shocking results of the year, Oregon QB Marcus Mariota wins the Heisman Trophy. Amazing year, and as far as we know, no character issues off of it (see Winston, Jameis aka Crab Shack/Publix).

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12025046/marcus-mariota-oregon-ducks-wins-heisman-trophy
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Yeah its nice to have a Heisman winner without trouble or controversy (Cam, Johnny and Crablegs)

Congrats to Mariota. I wanted Cooper, but its a QB/RB award(mostly), Mariota was a favorite at the start of the season and its hard to unseat that when he meets expectations. Plus he deserved it.

Crewe

rollntider

thaima1shu

As much as I hate Harbaugh, it's still a bummer seeing him get pushed out of San Francisco. The Carroll/Harbaugh rivalry really pushed both teams to keep getting better.

Crewe

you mean like he pushed out Alex Smith for no reason other than injury?
The hell with everything Harbaugh, both of em

thaima1shu

Quote from: Crewe on December 18, 2014, 03:44:14 PM

Are you a big Alex Smith fan or something?

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on December 17, 2014, 06:44:40 PM
http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Michigan-offering-Harbaugh-6-Yrs49M-33944453

Harbaugh $8 mill a year?? wow that is crazy... I would take it :)

Had a feeling that once the 49ers started their collapse with Kaeper-Pick at QB this Harbaugh to Michigan talk would kick into overdrive. He's. Not. Coming. Here.

My opinion (that and 1.00 can buy you a daily edition of the local paper, so take it for what it's worth) is he wants to remain in the NFL. He gets fired by SF at the end of the season, there's probably a few teams in the NFL that would line right up for him. Only way I see him coming back is if the Niners actually try and trade him for a pick, and no team's going to offer a high pick considering everyone knows they no longer want him there in the first place.

And $8 mil/year to automatically make him the highest paid coach in CFB-more than Saban, a guy that's actually won championships in college? No. 

Crewe

Quote from: thaima1shu on December 19, 2014, 06:33:23 PM

If I was would that make my dislike for Harbaugh moot?
I wish nothing but the worst career wise for both Harbaugh's and their teams.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on December 21, 2014, 07:26:53 PM
Quote from: thaima1shu on December 19, 2014, 06:33:23 PM

If I was would that make my dislike for Harbaugh moot?
I wish nothing but the worst career wise for both Harbaugh's and their teams.

:o

And now even I'm curious about the root of the dislike here.