Main Menu

Dawn of war 3

Started by rollntider, May 03, 2016, 10:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

loved the first 2 and love the lore and story

TITANS!!!!!

Sakura

I saw this, and I thought to myself "I didn't really like DOW 1 or 2 enough to warrant buying it" so I probably won't.  I find it sad that the only name in tactical strategy gaming right now is Games Workshop considering just what a horrible company they are.

rollntider

Quote from: Sakura on May 04, 2016, 06:45:32 AM
I saw this, and I thought to myself "I didn't really like DOW 1 or 2 enough to warrant buying it" so I probably won't.  I find it sad that the only name in tactical strategy gaming right now is Games Workshop considering just what a horrible company they are.

Starcraft 2? XCOM

DOW1 was good, DOW2 was awesome.

Sakura

Quote from: rollntider on May 04, 2016, 10:01:40 PM

Starcraft 2? XCOM

I'm not saying Dawn of War games are bad, I'm saying the company who owns the IP for Warhammer is bad.  The games are fine, people love the games.  It's the company I have a problem with.

And StarCraft is an RTS, but X-Com kind of counts I suppose.  But I'm talking about something MP.  Like sure there's the Civilization series, but I'm not big on 4X games and I think more on the scope of games like Dawn of War where you get a lot of unique units.

rollntider

Quote from: Sakura on May 05, 2016, 01:00:56 AM
Quote from: rollntider on May 04, 2016, 10:01:40 PM

Starcraft 2? XCOM

I'm not saying Dawn of War games are bad, I'm saying the company who owns the IP for Warhammer is bad.  The games are fine, people love the games.  It's the company I have a problem with.

And StarCraft is an RTS, but X-Com kind of counts I suppose.  But I'm talking about something MP.  Like sure there's the Civilization series, but I'm not big on 4X games and I think more on the scope of games like Dawn of War where you get a lot of unique units.

Games workshop I think is starting to repair its image. Still not their fan (I am playing warpath as my space army fix) but I may go back if they continue to get better. I think they shot themselves in the neck by ruining warhammer fantasy. Mantic jumped in and now is the go to fantasy wargame in about 60% of the tournaments now...