News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Madden 22

Started by Crewe, June 17, 2021, 01:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

BojackHorsefella

This is a good start but I'm hoping for more. Granted, I'll likely buy it anyway because my brother and our buddy we do a co-op franchise with likely will (whereas my brother and I both skipped 21 this year).

I like the staff additions with coordinators and team executives, the practice initiatives and the home field stuff (the note about things playing different on All-Pro is also encouraging), but still looking to see RFAs (2K had it), looking for more flexibility in contracts (2K had the ability to front load or back load), and I want to see the game engine itself.

In the trailer, people on the reddit are already pointing out stuff like the ball floating through the QBs hands. This isn't the end of the world, but if it's the same janky gameplay with a glossy sheen, I'll be disappointed.

Although, like I said above, probably getting this regardless of reviews based on external pressure, haha. Now I just need to find a PS5 for my brother.

Crewe

I agree with your opinions, and further, Im more concerned about the gameplay which is what has kept me away since 09. And I hadnt played for about three years prior to buying it then.

Something tells me this will be a pass for me, especially because I already plunked down for MLB that was not totally satisfying.

Need an RDRII or something to come along to consume me again.

TheNorm

About damn time they added skill trees for coaching staffs (a feature they had back in NCAA 14).

Madden 21 is fun in the limited time I've played it; the "Face of the Franchise" is their latest attempt at a MyCareer/RTTS mode, and it's okay. The story is kinda laughable but it's an improvement over what they've had in the past...but they still have a ways to go to catch NBA 2K and MLB in that regard.

Nice of them to finally focus on franchise mode a decent bit, hopefully it works out. I'm cautiously optimistic...maybe sometime in the next 8 months I can finally get my hands on a PS5 lol
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Im so hopeful but I need to temper my expectations, it is EA after all

Rigg44

If you are willing to put up with less than great graphics and some retro gameplay there is no deeper franchise mode out there than the one offered in AXIS football https://axisleague.com/ .  I am waiting for it to pass the sony certification process to download it.  The 19 version was good but the newest version looks even deeper on the franchise side.