News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Official 2014 NFL Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, September 07, 2014, 10:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Quote from: thaima1shu on January 19, 2015, 12:50:30 AM
WHOO I'M GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!! Got selected in the Seahawks season ticket lottery to purchase tickets to the game. What an unbelievable day!

Congrats dude! That may have been one of the craziest football games I've ever witnessed.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

thats awesome dude, congrats.

As for the game, the Packers played scared all day, wimpy play calling, avoiding their strengths, relying on a weak D, relying on the Seahawks offense to continue to suck, they just gave up, early.
Sad thing is, they will blame it all on the guy that missed the onside kick. Sure, he would've had it, but the MVP can't gain less than half a yard for a TD? Blows 2 1st and goal opportunities to come away with FG's? Runs the ball 3 times for negative yardage to give the ball back with a horrendous amount of time? Gets duped on a fake FG when the entire world knew it was coming?
Give up over 25 on a 3rd and 19 when you had 8 men deep??? How many times did they start IN Sea territory? How many times did they start deep in Sea territory? How many turnovers did they get only to give it right back with no points? The list goes on and on.
When you dominate in TOP and yards for the entire game but only lead by two scores, you aren't dominating. They relaxed and got steamrolled.
So blame the on sides kick guy, its easy to do, but me, I blame the coach, Rodgers,the receivers, the D and special teams

Also, I need opinions on whether Im the only one on this but were Aikman and Buck just in plain asskissing mode? Saying Seattle D was getting thwarted and tossed around and beat down like rag dolls and the Packers are god, tell me Im not the only one that thought they were crazy. And this was the entire game, yes, especially the first half. Take the yards gained and throw them out, Seattle D won that game.
Two first and goal drives with two FG's = win. Pick in the end zone = win. Picked of the MVP another time = win. "Dominated" the enite first half; as in ran only 12 offensive plays until their final drive of the half (sans two play kneel down) = win. Down 16-0 = major freakin win!!!
I just didn't get what they were watching. Every word was a ding at Seattle when it was really GB who was horrid. And keep in mind, I was for the Pack, so there's that.
It was an exciting game for sure, but you would expect an MVP, who by the definition of these idiotic sportswriters, can do anything regardless of the team around him, to play a lot better than he did, or his team for that matter.
I guess I just hate announcers who sleep through games, which is most if not all of them pretty much.

thaima1shu

Quote from: TheNorm on January 19, 2015, 01:49:20 PM
Congrats dude! That may have been one of the craziest football games I've ever witnessed.

Absolute emotional roller coaster. To go from agony for most of the game to pure euphoria as the rest of the game unfolded is something I'll never, ever forget.

Quote from: Crewe on January 19, 2015, 02:13:04 PM
thats awesome dude, congrats.

As for the game, the Packers played scared all day, wimpy play calling, avoiding their strengths, relying on a weak D, relying on the Seahawks offense to continue to suck, they just gave up, early.
Sad thing is, they will blame it all on the guy that missed the onside kick. Sure, he would've had it, but the MVP can't gain less than half a yard for a TD? Blows 2 1st and goal opportunities to come away with FG's? Runs the ball 3 times for negative yardage to give the ball back with a horrendous amount of time? Gets duped on a fake FG when the entire world knew it was coming?
Give up over 25 on a 3rd and 19 when you had 8 men deep??? How many times did they start IN Sea territory? How many times did they start deep in Sea territory? How many turnovers did they get only to give it right back with no points? The list goes on and on.
When you dominate in TOP and yards for the entire game but only lead by two scores, you aren't dominating. They relaxed and got steamrolled.
So blame the on sides kick guy, its easy to do, but me, I blame the coach, Rodgers,the receivers, the D and special teams

Also, I need opinions on whether Im the only one on this but were Aikman and Buck just in plain asskissing mode? Saying Seattle D was getting thwarted and tossed around and beat down like rag dolls and the Packers are god, tell me Im not the only one that thought they were crazy. And this was the entire game, yes, especially the first half. Take the yards gained and throw them out, Seattle D won that game.
Two first and goal drives with two FG's = win. Pick in the end zone = win. Picked of the MVP another time = win. "Dominated" the enite first half; as in ran only 12 offensive plays until their final drive of the half (sans two play kneel down) = win. Down 16-0 = major freakin win!!!
I just didn't get what they were watching. Every word was a ding at Seattle when it was really GB who was horrid. And keep in mind, I was for the Pack, so there's that.
It was an exciting game for sure, but you would expect an MVP, who by the definition of these idiotic sportswriters, can do anything regardless of the team around him, to play a lot better than he did, or his team for that matter.
I guess I just hate announcers who sleep through games, which is most if not all of them pretty much.

Was at the game obviously so didn't catch Buck/Aikman, but that's ludicrous. The defense was INCREDIBLE that game under the circumstances that the turnovers put them in. There were something like 5 or 6 drives where the Packers started with the ball somewhere around the Seahawks' 30 yard line or closer, and if I remember right, they all either ended in a FG or a turnover. That's insane.

Crewe

yea, it was bad. They kept throwing out numbers, Seattle allowed this and that and had the ball only this amount of time and ran limited plays, GB is destroying Seattle blah blah blah. It was truly amazing to me.
Btw, I saw an article where many Seattle fans left and then weren't allowed back in and their was a photo of them all at the gate with their noses against the door lol
thats great stuff

G/L in the SB.  Im having to root for Seattle because I don't want the golden boy to have another.
And not that you care, but don't take my words as digs on Seattle because I like a lot of the players and I really like Wislon, he will be a great ambassador for the game for a while, but it's just Carroll I don't like and it from his USC days and beyond and I can't let it go lol

thaima1shu

The "fans" that left are obviously idiots and deserved to miss that awesomeness yesterday haha. But honestly, it wasn't really all that many. Maybe a few hundred at most, as I didn't really see any empty seats.

Nah feel free to dislike whoever you want man, it's all good. I can't fault anyone for not liking Carroll, Sherman, the "12th man" stuff or whatever it is people choose not to like about the Seahawks. All I know is I'm excited that my favorite team isn't a joke. Not sure I'm really used to that yet lol.

TheNorm

I usually have the game on mute whenever I get stuck with a Buck/Aikman game, because I think they always sleepwalk through games/pick favorites and go with that at the expense of the other team. I didn't do that yesterday though, and Crewe, I think you're pretty much on point. Makes me really happy that Fox doesn't have the game this year.

I personally don't get why people dislike Richard Sherman (it's not talking if you can back it up, IMO-and the dude's probably one of the smartest people out there), but Pete Carroll's a scumbag (then again, Belichick's a shady scumbag too). LOL. I'm happy for you, and I keep hoping I'll see the Lions get to celebrate a trip there.

I just want to see a good game, and I think we'll get that-I'm curious to see what Brady (hey, did you guys know he went to Michigan? Just like me haha) can do against the Legion of Boom. I think this is Brady's last good chance to get a Super Bowl ring (depending on what the Colts do in the offseason of course-I think they're close), and time waits for no one. But if the Pats can't figure out how to stop Lynch, it's not going to matter.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Glad to know norm, I was hoping I wasn't the only one. You know I go overboard in my descriptions, but I really felt like they were very obvious in their tilt towards Rodgers and GB.
I like Sherman actually. When he got all the press initially, I fell victim to ignorance and believed the media, but when I actually read about him, he doesn't bother me. I appreciate his ability.
Now Tom Brady. I throw digs at him every chance I get because I think he deserves it. he's protected and he knows it, he complains and calls for flags and gets them, I know others do too, but not on his level.
That said, I marvel at how that lanky twig who looks like he would break in half consistently makes defenses look bad.  SUre he's got a great mind behind him but he still has to decipher everything and do it and thats why a lot of folks hate him even more. We hate it when perceived whiners win.
I always liked Luck. Another of the young good guys ala Russell.  I didn't think Indy was SB bound this year but they are getting there, much to the dismay of me and my Texans.
Carroll...yea, just can't....I just can't. lol Im with ya norm.
I agree with you on Bellicheat too and now he's got deflated footballs to worry about apparently lol

Lynch reminds me so much of Marion Barber but with more agility and yea norm, if they don't stop him, could be a long day.
I hope for a good game too, but like I said at the beginning of the year, Im less invested as time goes on because if they don't gain respect for the rules of this game and the horrible positions they put the refs in, as well as the fans, Ill continue to fade.  I think thats even more evident after this season and thats with my team going 12-4

TheNorm

The best part about the Super Bowl last year was Bruno Mars (sorry thai-was happy for you but that was a snoozefest...and Bruno Mars is really f'ing good).

As for Brady...we knew he was gonna be good at Michigan, and I'll still never understand why Lloyd Carr alternated snaps between him and Drew Henson in 1999. It was a mind boggling decision then and even more so now. All that said, he ended up in pretty much the perfect place for him to develop and grow (if he gets drafted by the Lions that year for example, he's probably a tv analyst or off doing some other thing...and probably not married to Gisele either).

As for Ballghazi, Deflate-Gate, whatever they're calling it: I don't understand why the Pats did it if they truly are guilty of it, because they surely didn't need to. It overshadows what should be a pretty damn good Super Bowl, and they should get punished severely for it. And the fans from Indy resting their arguments on that? Maybe if you'd lost by a couple of points, sure...but they still got blown off the field by almost 40 points. Give it a rest already.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 21, 2015, 07:00:51 PM
The best part about the Super Bowl last year was Bruno Mars (sorry thai-was happy for you but that was a snoozefest...and Bruno Mars is really f'ing good).

As for Brady...we knew he was gonna be good at Michigan, and I'll still never understand why Lloyd Carr alternated snaps between him and Drew Henson in 1999. It was a mind boggling decision then and even more so now. All that said, he ended up in pretty much the perfect place for him to develop and grow (if he gets drafted by the Lions that year for example, he's probably a tv analyst or off doing some other thing...and probably not married to Gisele either).

As for Ballghazi, Deflate-Gate, whatever they're calling it: I don't understand why the Pats did it if they truly are guilty of it, because they surely didn't need to. It overshadows what should be a pretty damn good Super Bowl, and they should get punished severely for it. And the fans from Indy resting their arguments on that? Maybe if you'd lost by a couple of points, sure...but they still got blown off the field by almost 40 points. Give it a rest already.

I saw a tweet today by a Colt player that denouncing the idea that deflated footballs beat them.  That was nice to see.
I agree, if they did it, they should be punished, even much more sternly than last time because this would be twice they got caught.

thaima1shu

Quote from: TheNorm on January 21, 2015, 07:00:51 PM

Nah it's cool, I know it was terrible to watch for anyone that wasn't a Seahawks fan or a Peyton Manning hater lol.

Crewe

nothing like seeing your team own a blowout in the SB though

TheNorm

Yep, I'm never growing up because I laughed at this video for at least a good two minutes and I have no problem with that.  ;D

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/tom-brady-talking-about-balls-the-supercut-1681225270

Quote"I'm not squeezing the balls, that's not part of my process."

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on January 22, 2015, 07:04:42 PM
Yep, I'm never growing up because I laughed at this video for at least a good two minutes and I have no problem with that.  ;D

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/tom-brady-talking-about-balls-the-supercut-1681225270

Quote"I'm not squeezing the balls, that's not part of my process."

yeah that was funny, I really thought it was much ado about nothing until I heard his responce, now I think something is up. Although I still think they beat the crap out of the colts anyways...

TheNorm

Dammit Budweiser-great Super Bowl ad once again...and who left onions out?

Still not drinking your shitty beer though.