UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Your Unpopular Opinion

Started by TheNorm, October 09, 2017, 06:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on September 23, 2020, 02:52:46 PM
I have never had a bagel bite in my life lol
But in that same realm, why are hot dog buns in packages of 8 and hot dogs in packages of 10?
You have to buy a lot of those to come out even lol

Since when lol, or is that just a Texas thing at this point? Hot dogs and hot dog buns in the north have matched numbers for a very long time, at least since the mid-90s in Michigan and Illinois...
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on September 23, 2020, 05:13:55 PM
Quote from: Crewe on September 23, 2020, 02:52:46 PM
I have never had a bagel bite in my life lol
But in that same realm, why are hot dog buns in packages of 8 and hot dogs in packages of 10?
You have to buy a lot of those to come out even lol

Since when lol, or is that just a Texas thing at this point? Hot dogs and hot dog buns in the north have matched numbers for a very long time, at least since the mid-90s in Michigan and Illinois...

some do but not all. Nathan's pair up, but Oscar Myer doesnt, although who buys that shit anyway?
I dont buy hot dogs anyway, I buy sausage links which is it's own animal :-)

Crewe

I really like NFL Redzone.
Im able to keep up with the games without feeling I miss too much.
That said, I cannot freaking stand Hanson, cannot stand him.
Look, he's knowledgeable, knows the players, has good broadcasting intuition, but sriously,
SHUT
THE
FUCK
UP!!!!

He chimes in at the most inopportune times just to hear himself talk. He is so self important under the guise of bringing you all necessary information.
Just, no.
Way over 95% of the shit he says are pointless interruuptions, we can either
a) see the info on the screen
b) hear the game announcers saying exact same thing, or sometimes aving an intersting thought Id like to hear the end of but nooooooooooo, ego boy just HAS to fucking jump in.
Seriously, shut the fuck up!
We shouldnt hear from him hardly at all.
And his sex like fetish of the "quad box" is completely useless. Interrupting a game where the ball is about to be snapped in order to add another game where players are standing around wasting screen time.
I just picture his home life being whipped, like the abusive teacher in "Another Brick in the Wall" and Sunday is the only day he's allowed to talk.
He just aggravates the living fuck outta me.

Now that Ive railed on him, I will give him kudos the 5% of the time he's actually useful. On quick inserts between snaps, he can show you something and summarize what you see, saving time in order to get you on to the net game. Good with injury updates and other interesting story lines but that's it.

That said, id give up that 5% for the 95% of him just going away.

BojackHorsefella

Isn't this that weird thing where there's like, two RedZone channels though? I think one is Andrew Siciliano and the other is Scott Hanson? NFL Redzone vs Redzone Channel (I think it's mainly just a difference between cable and satellite as to which one you get but I may be wrong).

I don't have RedZone anymore, but I feel like everyone liked Siciliano while hating on Hanson.

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on September 29, 2020, 01:20:19 PM
Isn't this that weird thing where there's like, two RedZone channels though? I think one is Andrew Siciliano and the other is Scott Hanson? NFL Redzone vs Redzone Channel (I think it's mainly just a difference between cable and satellite as to which one you get but I may be wrong).

I don't have RedZone anymore, but I feel like everyone liked Siciliano while hating on Hanson.

yes! Hanson is NFL Network I think and the other is Direct TV. I like Siciliano better. he jumps in less and actually has a dry witty sense that I enjoy.

bigbaldben

:popcorn:

This looks like an interesting thread topic.  I think I understand it.  Let me give it a shot...

Ahem.

The Last Jedi is the greatest Star Wars movie ever made.

TheNorm

Quote from: bigbaldben on October 17, 2020, 04:55:58 PM

This looks like an interesting thread topic.  I think I understand it.  Let me give it a shot...

Ahem.

The best of the sequel trilogy, absolutely.

Also, welcome back. Stick around awhile lol
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: bigbaldben on October 17, 2020, 04:55:58 PM

Ahem.

Missed you, shit disturber  :D

Crewe

Im sorta liking Witten as a Raider. At least he has a chance to win here and not go out 1-15   :popcorn:

Crewe

With regard to an NFL QB, the term game manager is meaningless.
By definition of duties, every single QB is a game manager. I cannot stand these announcers and so called color guys who attempt to demean QB's by saying well, they are a game manager.
Well, so is Tom Brady fuckface.

bigbaldben

Quote from: Crewe on December 06, 2020, 02:32:31 PM
By definition of duties, every single QB is a game manager. I cannot stand these announcers and so called color guys who attempt to demean QB's by saying well, they are a game manager.

You know, I never really thought of it that way, but you are 100% right.

Crewe

Quote from: bigbaldben on December 06, 2020, 04:39:38 PM
Quote from: Crewe on December 06, 2020, 02:32:31 PM

You know, I never really thought of it that way, but you are 100% right.

haha I remember when that term was used incessantly regarding Alex Smith as a 49er, really aggravates me.
They mean to say he doesnt have the arm and cant make certain throws, well then just say that.  8)

Crewe

I've mentioned this elswhere, but it's a pet peeve.

The neutral zone infraction is unfair to the defense.

Used to be, the defense could cross the LOS and as long as they jumped back to their side before the ball was snapped, all was good.
This is yet another invented rule that helps offenses.
A defensive player shouldnt be penalized for moving across or especially in to the "neutral zone" in anticipation of the snap count.
The opposition would say, well, the defensive players would do that to try to entice the lineman to move so they could nab a false start penalty.
He KNOWS THE SNAP COUNT, so don't move.
And I would counter, what do you think the QB is doing with his cadence? Might he be trying to get the defense to engage so he can draw a penalty?

Lets back away from the neutral zone and crossing the axis for a moment.
Say a defensive lineman flinches alright? Doesnt move in to this fabled "zone" but just flinches.
Then the offensive guy reacts. Who gets the penalty?
Defense.

The offenses in the NFL are given everything because casuals love the bomb, and TD's and 50-3 routes with their little spiffy orchestrated end zone dances and all that jazz.

Ok, I was going to go on, but, that's enough

TheNorm

This place has averaged a post a week for the last two weeks. Peace out y'all and stay well, I'll check back in from time to time.

Crewe

Yea, we've all had some good ideas for threads and conversational posts but there's just three or four of us so I just sorta stopped because of inactivity.
I wish I knew people I could invite to start posting on the reg.