News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Rantings!

Started by Bret, July 10, 2014, 06:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret

I wanted to post something around here, and I need to rant, so let me kill two birds with one stone!

During the PCF days I was single. My love life was a comedy of errors. But that area of my life has improved (as did many others). I'm married now, have been for a little over five years. Just laying the ground work so this next announcement doesn't shock anyone...

My father-in-law passed away about two weeks ago.

No, not ranting about that. Imma rant about work!

I had to take some time off of work to leave town and be with my wife's family and attend the viewing, the memorial service, etc. I usually have my shop a very low-maintenance, figuratively well-oiled machine that allows me to nearly sleep at work. You would think that I could leave things here and everything would be fine when I get back, right? Of course not!

Everything bad happened when I was away, and all this shit stacked up on me and I've been fighting with it since I returned to work yesterday! Add to that that I'm trying to get caught up with all this shit, and we had an influx of all of our work-from-home users come in to the office due to a failure of the server they log in to that I don't control and have no access to fix personally. So, for about 30 people I had to arrange accommodations for them all, on top of trying to get caught up on all my other shit.

It's about 3pm, and this is the first opportunity I had all day to sit down. So, I wanted to vent about it!

rollntider

feel free too rant.