News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2015 College Football Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 23, 2015, 02:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 01, 2016, 12:47:32 AM
So UH was taunted and treated like we werent supposed to be there pregame...
Top, what, 3rd rusher in FBS? 33 yards?! Our backup QB who was in for less than ten plays had 37 lol
Feels good to bitchslap FS who. Suck it Trebek!

I thought Mi State was playing tonight, but apparently not

Didn't get to see any of it, but congrats! Glad Houston pulled that game off.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Now as for Michigan/Florida...that was fun. :D Even having more fun just thinking that this might be the worst team talent-wise that Harbaugh coaches at Michigan.  :thumbsup:

Dominated one of the top defenses in the country and just made them look slow. Watch out Big Ten, you've officially been put on notice.

https://twitter.com/sbell021/status/683022517431218176

https://twitter.com/RuhRoweRarin/status/683034024634269696

The State of Florida Bowl Status Map might be my favorite though.

https://twitter.com/BillyLong07/status/683021784657063936
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Dude totally shocked you guys scored on Florida the way you did.  Very impressive defense to do that too.

The bowl map is hilarious.

http://bamahammer.com/2015/12/31/michigan-state-fan-threatens-violence-on-alabama-campus/

The LSU fans have officially become Clemson fans.

The barn fans are fit to be tied. They hate Dabo because he is a Bama grad and has put a whoopin on them recently and hopefully will next year also. They also have a mild rivalry but I think their inferiority complex and their hatred of Bama will overcome them and will pull for the Tigers.

They hate Bama more than they like Auburn.

The Ohio State fans were just as Obnoxious about the MSU/Bama game as anyone I had seen. I had been told that MSU would skull drag us because we have not seen anything like them and the SEC was weak.

Sparty sold out to stop Henry and we knew it so we exploited the pass, nice game plan. Loved beating sparty, would have loved to beat OSU and OU in the playoffs but getting there and winning is good no matter what.

Crewe

Was a fun one to watch norm.

That Jones deke on the sideline during the punt return had my jaw on the floor. I rewound that instantly, and i mean before he reached the end zone instantly, and watched it about five times. Lol

The Michigan game got outta hand rather quickly too. Congrats there!

Good luck in the big game tider, although, no offense, I think Im pulling for Clemson there....will that get me banned? Lol
I really have no stake in this one and seeing OU humiliated once again was the bow on my season 😎

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on January 02, 2016, 12:40:51 AM

Good luck in the big game tider, although, no offense, I think Im pulling for Clemson there....will that get me banned? Lol
I really have no stake in this one and seeing OU humiliated once again was the bow on my season 😎

Of course not... you could pull for Bama or you could be just wrong :P

I know people are having Bama fatigue, I understand it.  People like one and done and fans like dynasties. I am glad for Clemson also, but hope we win :)

TheNorm

I don't really have a dog in the fight, so I'm just hoping for something a bit closer than anything we've seen the last two nights.

Now something I forgot to mention last night: Christian McCaffrey.  :o

https://twitter.com/espn/status/683060439715037186

And thank you for the first meme of 2016, Heisman guy.

http://larrybrownsports.com/everything-else/christian-mccaffrey-interview-interrupter-memes/287126

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/683136545667313664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on January 02, 2016, 12:36:54 AM
Dude totally shocked you guys scored on Florida the way you did.  Very impressive defense to do that too.

The bowl map is hilarious.

http://bamahammer.com/2015/12/31/michigan-state-fan-threatens-violence-on-alabama-campus/

The LSU fans have officially become Clemson fans.

The barn fans are fit to be tied. They hate Dabo because he is a Bama grad and has put a whoopin on them recently and hopefully will next year also. They also have a mild rivalry but I think their inferiority complex and their hatred of Bama will overcome them and will pull for the Tigers.

They hate Bama more than they like Auburn.

The Ohio State fans were just as Obnoxious about the MSU/Bama game as anyone I had seen. I had been told that MSU would skull drag us because we have not seen anything like them and the SEC was weak.

Sparty sold out to stop Henry and we knew it so we exploited the pass, nice game plan. Loved beating sparty, would have loved to beat OSU and OU in the playoffs but getting there and winning is good no matter what.

That right there is what most teams should've been doing all season long: Sparty's weakness was in the secondary, and not enough teams attacked them there. OSU for some stupid reason didn't attack them through the air and it cost them (I think Urban let his friends and family call plays for that game, wish he would've done that for the Michigan game too).

Crewe

And since when doesnt osu throw the ball?

Crewe

So I was clearing out my DVR, deleting, watching or re watching programs and one 30 for 30 that always seems the most controversial and intriguing is the Pony Excess.
No matter how many times I watch that, I always go back and forth.
On the one hand, despite being caught, they simply thought they were above the law, and the rich boosters had egos as big as the state and flipped off the NCAA, therefore forcing the death penalty, getting what they deserve.
There was simply no other way to combat the continued corruption.
Then, I revert back to...well, it's overkill by any standard. Only ones that suffered were the students, players and University as a whole. Yea maybe a few players accepted cash and got a clean transfer, but by and large, the targets were missed.
Gov. Bill Clements continued to lie until enough time passed where he could throw out an apology anf be forgiven, all the while expanding his redneck criminal acts into state government.
The AD, head coach, et al were fired, although they received tons o cash for shutting up, so no harm to them either.
Boosters had been banned, granted some had been banned early on but still participated in the later 80's scandal, so I get the idea of the DP in that respect.
Ultimately, I feel like what SMU proposed prior to the DP, was more than fair (extending current sanctions 4 years plus other punishments) but, the NCAA was understandebly fed up, and further, I really believe they had no idea it was going to decimate that school. Naive? Ignorant? Intentional? I dont know.
One thing I would like to know that was touched on in the doc; was the rest of the NCAA, specifically the SWC, that audacious with their transgressions!
What Im jot clear on; was SMU that much worse than every other school, or were they targeted as an example?
We all know every one was corrupt, but to what degree?
Just seems like a very Shakespearean story to me.
Thoughts?

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on January 02, 2016, 04:20:58 AM
Quote from: Crewe on January 02, 2016, 12:40:51 AM

Of course not... you could pull for Bama or you could be just wrong :P

I know people are having Bama fatigue, I understand it.  People like one and done and fans like dynasties. I am glad for Clemson also, but hope we win :)

I really dont have bama fatigue. As a football fan, I appreciate dynaties, hell, as a sports fan, i appreciate dynasties. I just sorta like Clemson for this game

TheNorm

I've got that saved on Netflix but haven't gotten around to watching it yet...been meaning to though.

rollntider

I think SMU was made to be an example, they are no worse than what Ole miss or Auburn is doing now. The NCAA does not have teeth anymore, I wished they were this weak when Bama got hammered. They had the same evidence on Cam and Auburn as they did Bama and Albert means. If SMU does that stuff now, the player in question gets a few games suspension, look at Ole Miss and Tunsil. They caught him getting a car, the Dad turned them in and he served about 6 games.....

Crewe

Do you think they knew it would be so destructive though?
I'm not really in tune with infractions in NCAA, I'm not even really sure what Cam did. something to do with laptops or computers?
Seems like I was on a site in the last couple of years that categorized and summarized, if not, bullet pointed transgressions for each university. Did I dream that?

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on January 06, 2016, 06:12:38 PM
Do you think they knew it would be so destructive though?
I'm not really in tune with infractions in NCAA, I'm not even really sure what Cam did. something to do with laptops or computers?
Seems like I was on a site in the last couple of years that categorized and summarized, if not, bullet pointed transgressions for each university. Did I dream that?

Laptops was the reason he was fired from Florida ... he stole a laptop, kid traced his mac address to Cam.

Auburn rumored to have paid 180k to 200k for him to go to there from JUCO. Cam Committed and signed only stepping foot on campus the week before.

rollntider