News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Fantasy Football 2014

Started by TheNorm, July 16, 2014, 10:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Invites just went out. If you didn't receive one and want in, let me know.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Out of town.I will sign up as soon as I get back

Crewe

rollntider

Bret

I am "no longer allowed" to play fantasy football. It is one of those marital orders I don't have a problem following, because my wife was correct when she stated that it was sucking the enjoyment out of football for me.

I'm the kind of guy who doesn't have to have a bet on the game or a favorite team on the field in order to watch and enjoy a football game. My routine is that after the Vikings disappoint me (they always play the early morning game for reasons I have yet to understand), I'll turn on an afternoon game, and just sit and watch.

With fantasy, I was too focused on how my fantasy players were doing, and more often than not I was getting angry with them. So, I had to give up fantasy football.

Crewe

Football is football and Ill enjoy any football game sans the Pro Bowl.
Fantasy football enlightens the games even more for me.  Most of my leagues are for fun and while there's a money league, I wouldnt put in if I was worried about losing it so I dont get angry about it.
Especially when I won the BSB league <cough>

Bret

Well, I'll tell you guys what...if you do have a BSB league, and you need just one more guy to fill it out, and there's no money involved, I'll secretly participate without my wife's knowledge.

And, yes Crewe, I won't watch the Pro Bowl, either. It gets worse every year. Those guys are sleepwalking through a watered-down ruleset, absent of the Super Bowl players now, and we as football fans are supposed to be entertained by this how exactly? I'd rather watch the old-timers play flag football on the beach! (Yes, I mean that statement).

TheNorm

Bret, there's never been money involved in this league and all the winner gets is bragging rights-which some will use more than others.  :P You're more than welcome to join, but hey, I totally get your reasons too if you don't.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on July 24, 2014, 02:52:59 PM
Bret, there's never been money involved in this league and all the winner gets is bragging rights-which some will use more than others:P You're more than welcome to join, but hey, I totally get your reasons too if you don't.

hey, I dont have much in this world, so give me this one lol

TheNorm

Two things:

1. The original date of the draft was set for this Friday night, and I didn't notice that until a couple of days ago-sorry, but f--- that noise. I changed that to this Sunday night (8/31) at 9:15pm ET. If you can't make it, make sure you prerank especially if you don't want to end up with people you find less than desirable (Mike Vick, Ben Roethlisberger, Ray Rice) or just plain not helpful to your team (Eli Manning, Brandon Pettigrew, any Viking not named Adrian Peterson, Tony Romo in November/December).

2. We need one more team to make the league an even 10. If you know anyone that's interested send them the link and have them sign up ASAP.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on August 28, 2014, 08:14:15 AM
Two things:

1. The original date of the draft was set for this Friday night, and I didn't notice that until a couple of days ago-sorry, but f--- that noise. I changed that to this Sunday night (8/31) at 9:15pm ET. If you can't make it, make sure you prerank especially if you don't want to end up with people you find less than desirable (Mike Vick, Ben Roethlisberger, Ray Rice) or just plain not helpful to your team (Eli Manning, Brandon Pettigrew, any Viking not named Adrian Peterson, Tony Romo in November/December).

2. We need one more team to make the league an even 10. If you know anyone that's interested send them the link and have them sign up ASAP.

Ill look around for one more