News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Madden 15

Started by Bret, August 27, 2014, 12:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret

I've had it since Sunday, even though it was released yesterday. I was waiting for one of you guys to bring it up because it woulda been too predictable for the former admin of PCF to do so. But, since none of you bit, here I go...

First off, disclosure. I have an Xbox 360, with what is called the "JTAG" hack to allow it to run unsigned code. Take from that statement what you will. Despite the dozens of eye-popping advantages of such a box, one of the few drawbacks is being unable to access Xbox Live. And, since Madden doesn't have a system link option, playing against others over the internet isn't an option for me.

Now that's out of the way...

I'm disappointed. I am reminded of why I stopped buying this thing: No new features worth anything. It is basically a fresh coat of pain and a roster update.

I for one abhore the DLC business model, and it is one of the dozens of reasons I prefer playing my games on the PC (even though the DLC scourge has worked its way in that realm, too). But, even as much as I loathe the concept of DLC, I'd make an exception for Madden. If all EA is going to do is a roster update, then maybe they should just sell that for like $10 or something, rather than charge $60 for a whole new game. But, I guess if people are lining up with their $60, saying "shut up and take my money", then why wouldn't EA take it?

I'm also miffed about the absence of NCAA, which I always thought was a better football video game product. Unfortunately because of an assfull of crybabies who don't appreciate the value of a free university education nor understand the concept of paying dues, combined with an idiotic legal system, it looks like NCAA may be gone for good. :(

Crewe

without NCAA I was really hoping Madden would deliver.  I think I bought Madden in 8 and 10 and haven't really heard of much improvement.
I hear the suction blocking is less of an issue but still there and the outside runs for big gains have been curtailed and the D has been tightened up.
Im waiting for it to be out a bit before deciding, but if I buy Madden it will be because of one of two reasons.  One is I get good reviews from sources I really trust, i.e blitzes et al or, I just can't do without a football game.
I still don't see why the NCAA game can't be stripped of all logos and just release a 100% customizable product.  The community is practically re inventing the game after release anyway.

thaima1shu

I don't think I've bought Madden in 3 or 4 years now. Yet based on the videos and reviews I've read, I'm almost tempted to pick up either an Xbox One or PS4 just to play this. I think it looks like it's got promise.

Bret

Quote from: Crewe on August 27, 2014, 07:05:20 PM
without NCAA I was really hoping Madden would deliver.  I think I bought Madden in 8 and 10 and haven't really heard of much improvement.
I hear the suction blocking is less of an issue but still there and the outside runs for big gains have been curtailed and the D has been tightened up.
Im waiting for it to be out a bit before deciding, but if I buy Madden it will be because of one of two reasons.  One is I get good reviews from sources I really trust, i.e blitzes et al or, I just can't do without a football game.
I still don't see why the NCAA game can't be stripped of all logos and just release a 100% customizable product.  The community is practically re inventing the game after release anyway.

I think EA gets all asshurt when they do that. I remember one of the sites getting a takedown notice from EA because users were uploading customized rosters for NCAA, and of course the site caved in like pussies. (I talk shit, but I can't remember which site it was that caved). Despite what they may think, EA doesn't make laws...but that doesn't stop them from bullying around people with letters from lawyers.

I would LOVE a fully customizable game. Madden on the PC used to let us customize quite a bit. I hate that those days are over.

Crewe

I get the overall sense that Madden isn't worth a purchase again this year, but man, I sure would enjoy a football game.
No good golf game, no good football game....NHL is supposed to suck this year, no good fighting or racing game although I guess theres hope for the WWE thing but Im sure that will suck too.
Are there ones Im missing?  Or are these actually good and Im just in a pissy mood? lol

Sakura

Quote from: Crewe on September 12, 2014, 10:51:41 PM
I get the overall sense that Madden isn't worth a purchase again this year, but man, I sure would enjoy a football game.
No good golf game, no good football game....NHL is supposed to suck this year, no good fighting or racing game although I guess theres hope for the WWE thing but Im sure that will suck too.
Are there ones Im missing?  Or are these actually good and Im just in a pissy mood? lol

What warrants "worthy of a purchase" for you?

Crewe

My tastes have changed dramatically over my lifetime.
As one that has lived through every single iteration of home video game systems, and dominating any and every video or arcarde game, simply because I could, my desires to challenge games are dwindling.
I find my playlist becoming restricted to sports games, and has been for many years.
The shoot em ups and rock em sock em days arent a big draw to me anymore. Not because I dont like them, because I do, I just find Im not good at them anymore, for some stupid reason. Yea, I could pare everything down to beginner level but then Im condescending to myself and it kills the fun.
The other thing is that Im a harsh critic, and I know that. But if you follow some of my posts about my experience with some games, you see Im rather unforgiving on issues that we as gamers have seen for decades and with technology today, those things shouldnt exist. Now, what I know about videogame development could fill a thimble and Im admittedly ignorant, unless we are discussing plotlines, story arcs, cinematic structure etc... but nonethelss, my complaints are legit, to me.
So I guess I am sorta withdrawing into mmy own little yard and spouting, get off my lawn, but hopefully a game or two will come along to change all of that. Every year theres great hype surrounding one, two or three games but it usually ends up sucking ass and I buy my two or so sports titles a year and submerge myself.

Wait, what was the question...?
;-)

Sakura

Quote from: Crewe on January 02, 2015, 02:25:07 AM
As one that has lived through every single iteration of home video game systems, and dominating any and every video or arcarde game, simply because I could, my desires to challenge games are dwindling.
I find my playlist becoming restricted to sports games, and has been for many years.
The shoot em ups and rock em sock em days arent a big draw to me anymore. Not because I dont like them, because I do, I just find Im not good at them anymore, for some stupid reason. Yea, I could pare everything down to beginner level but then Im condescending to myself and it kills the fun.
The other thing is that Im a harsh critic, and I know that. But if you follow some of my posts about my experience with some games, you see Im rather unforgiving on issues that we as gamers have seen for decades and with technology today, those things shouldnt exist. Now, what I know about videogame development could fill a thimble and Im admittedly ignorant, unless we are discussing plotlines, story arcs, cinematic structure etc... but nonethelss, my complaints are legit, to me.
So I guess I am sorta withdrawing into mmy own little yard and spouting, get off my lawn, but hopefully a game or two will come along to change all of that. Every year theres great hype surrounding one, two or three games but it usually ends up sucking ass and I buy my two or so sports titles a year and submerge myself.

;-)

What a complicated way to say "I don't know, it just needs to feel right."

Crewe

Quote from: Sakura on January 05, 2015, 04:46:46 PM
Quote from: Crewe on January 02, 2015, 02:25:07 AM

;-)

What a complicated way to say "I don't know, it just needs to feel right."

That's the obvious answer that you knew before asking the question, therefore I guessed you wanted depth