News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Star Wars Battlefront II

Started by TheNorm, October 07, 2017, 09:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Multiplayer beta out this weekend. Not too bad, but still feels like Battlefield Lite. Full game will include a full single player campaign as well (something the first one didn't have), so I may grab the game anyway.
Favorite mode is still Starfighter Assault; there's just something about flying an X-Wing that's irresistible to me.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Sakura

Quote from: TheNorm on October 07, 2017, 09:46:04 AM
Not too bad, but still feels like Battlefield Lite.
That's Star Wars Battlefront in a nutshell, though.  People keep saying how the new games are nothing like the old games, but they're not really all that different.  Nostalgia vs new, nostalgia almost always wins.  Still, I wouldn't give LucasArts a red penny on principle.  If you went to a restaurant where it's rumored that there's a piece of poop in your food 1/5th of the time, would you really be surprised if you got pooped?  Would you pay for it?  That's kind of how I feel about LucasArts, people keep complaining about what publishers are putting out and ignoring what people are saying, but they keep paying them for their games that they complain about.   :o  The last good Star Wars game was Jedi Academy.

At least Ubisoft is finally on the verge of collapse.  Speaking of Ubi, They made a deal to purchase back something like 40% of their shares, in an attempt to go private.  Because clearly the issue with Ubisoft is that they are a publicly traded company, and that's why they're going broke...  :popcorn:

TheNorm

Bought this on the cheap, and for the price the story mode was incredible. Also enjoying online.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr