News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

30 Days of TV Challenge

Started by TheNorm, February 05, 2018, 08:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Stranger Things. And it took the full two seasons. I wasn't a believer yet after season one. I found it mildly entertaining, at best.

Season two I loved. Major improvement.

Crewe

ironically, The Office lol
I didnt know anything about it except when I saw ads on tv about it. At the time, I was vehemently against anything on network tv because it was all crap. Only started season 1 when the series was finishing up

TheNorm

Day 11
A show that disappointed you

FlashForward - ugh, I remember ABC hyping the hell out of this show, and the trailers for it looked absolutely incredible. First episode hit and I was hooked...and then after that the story just got jumbled and difficult to follow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FlashForward
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Chuck

I know, I know, everybody freaking loves Chuck. Not me. I tried to get into it when it first came out but...nah. Never liked it.

Crewe

Dexter.
A well crafted show out of a clever idea that worked early but just went completely off the rails.
Matter of fact, SOA, True Blood...nor any other promising show failed as poorly as Dexter, in my mind

BojackHorsefella

So oh god Dexter. How did I forget Dexter and True Blood.

Heroes too, except, while I recognize it's awful, I still love the first four seasons. Not that reboot though.

TheNorm

Day 12
An episode you've watched more than five times

Friends - The One Where Ross Finds Out (S2E7)

I was addicted to Friends when it was on and I'm not the least bit ashamed to admit it. I could still watch most of these episodes today and be totally cool with it.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Day 10
A show you thought you wouldn't like but ended up loving
My Name is Earl, thought it would be stupid, ended up being fun

Day 11
Walking Dead and Fear the walking Dead

Walking dead I was a fan of at first it went on and on and I finally tapped out. Fear the walking dead was boring as hell and I felt lied too after watching it. I hate the series now.

rollntider

Day 12
There are many but since Sopranos was mentioned recently :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Y_twfbM78

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on February 16, 2018, 01:47:53 PM
So oh god Dexter. How did I forget Dexter and True Blood.

Heroes too, except, while I recognize it's awful, I still love the first four seasons. Not that reboot though.

I don't know, but sorry I reminded you :D

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on February 16, 2018, 07:28:43 PM
Day 12

Friends - The One Where Ross Finds Out (S2E7)

I was addicted to Friends when it was on and I'm not the least bit ashamed to admit it. I could still watch most of these episodes today and be totally cool with it.

Not even a little? Lol

Any episode of Cheers, SOAP, Dick Van Dyke of All in the Family.

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on February 16, 2018, 11:49:41 PM

Day 10

Day 11

Walking dead I was a fan of at first it went on and on and I finally tapped out. Fear the walking dead was boring as hell and I felt lied too after watching it. I hate the series now.

I agree with day 11 although I'm not sure I'm done with TWD. I might stay in it just to finish because I'm invested. If I can get through Dexter ....

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on February 17, 2018, 12:35:25 AM
Quote from: rollntider on February 16, 2018, 11:49:41 PM

Day 10

Day 11

I agree with day 11 although I'm not sure I'm done with TWD. I might stay in it just to finish because I'm invested. If I can get through Dexter ....

dexter did taper off, but they did not go off the rails like TWD

BojackHorsefella

I used this episode already, but Bojack Horseman, season 3, episode 10, "It's You." It's horrible, Bojack is a terrible person horse, but I love it so much.

If I can't reuse that, then Rick and Morty, "Meseeks and Destroy." The preceding episodes were all amazing, but this Eason 1, episode 5...uh, episode, is when I realized I was looking at something amazing.

The Interdimensional Cable episode is also rewatched a lot

TheNorm

Day 13
Favorite childhood show

Sesame Street...the way I see it, I watched this ages ago when I was growing up and on the occasional moments I've pulled babysitting duty for the goddaughter I have no issue throwing this on now. Pretty nice seeing the same wonder I'm sure I had watching when I was little in her eyes.