News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2020 pro football thread

Started by rollntider, February 09, 2020, 11:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on February 08, 2021, 12:38:18 PM
I was really indifferent to him starting out this year and was kind of interested to see what would happen in TB, but the AB sitch and the PPP loan shit tossed him back down to the lower levels. Fuck him and his greatness. I had more, but this is a football thread so...

Allow me to be whiny complainer here. Yes, the referees.
And you can tell me that it wouldnt have mattered either way but there's no way for you to know that.
Those penalties were at crucial points in the game where it was no where near over. It wasnt even half time yet.
So yea, GTFO with that shit.
I dont care who you are, those were terrible, terrible calls.
Would TB have won anyway? In all likelihood, probably. Still.
These refs HAVE to have some accountability for crying out loud.
Is uncatchable pass still a thing? Because neither of those were catchable btw.

All that said, I feared TB defense was going to be out to shut down KC. I thought they would be able to overcome with all of their weapons, but it wasnt to be.
Andy Reid didnt call a great game either. I wonder if his attempted manslaughtering shit head of a kid was messing with his head all game?

First off: I took no joy in this Super Bowl. Not that I root for Tampa anymore anyways, but still, this feels less like a Tampa Bay win and more like another win for Brady, and nothing more. And man, I can't stand that guy.

But yeah, I think ON-THE-FIELD (qualifier alert), it's pretty clear Brady's the best to play the game, at the very least at the QB position. But man, the dude seems to motivate teammates too (although, a lot of clout comes with the first 6 SB wins which helps with that, I imagine).

But mostly, Tampa just seemed prepared for everything KC threw at them. A lot has been made of KC's O-Line deficiencies with only one week 1 starter playing, I also wonder how much the situation with Andy Reid's kid (Chiefs OLB coach Britt Reid, who is Andy Reid's son, had a DUI incident days prior to the game which resulted in a child being in critical condition) affected this game too, especially given KC's inability to adapt and continuously calling plays with long dropbacks despite the onslaught Mahomes was under.

What a boring game. It's the Super Bowl this season deserved, I suppose. Really makes the already horrid decision to play the season during the pandemic seem even LESS necessary than it already did.

Oh, and fuck Antonio Brown. Doesn't deserve to be on any team, much less a SB winner. I know Super Bowl week is always fluff questions from the media, but the "how'd you turn it around" redemption arc questions were vomit inducing.

TheNorm

This play is too good not to share.

https://twitter.com/NFLBrasil/status/1358604136443498498

Yeah...Mahomes will be fine. He'll be back and he'll be just fine.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

His receivers let him down.
I was glad to see Tyreek lose and get a dose of his own taunt back in his mother punching face

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1360774769038274562

*clutches pearls*
LOL fuck off. 🤣 No one tell her about the Stanley Cup then, she might stroke out and die.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

lol oh my gawd

yea she'd stroke out about the Cup.